Sign in to follow this  
Capn12

4-6 GT: CWS @ SEA (9:10 PM CT)

Just now, fathom said:

I think Stoney is a Madrigal hater with us

It's hard not to be. I wasn't until this year.  

Nice basket catch by Moncada.

Lucas going through the dreaded "dead arm" period out of spring training?

Last start, his stuff looked much crisper, especially the FB.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

What did he say? This warms my heart.

Just now, maxjusttyped said:

Moncada is a terrific defensive 3rd baseman. Nice play.

Really baffling he was so awful at second

2 minutes ago, The Beast said:

What do you make of all of the dropsies in the outfield - Eaton, Robert and Vaughn - at the start of the season?

Robert is a superstar CF'er.  I'd rather judge him on what I've seen from him the majority of the time vs. one massively comical and terrible folly.  Vaughn - what do you all expect. Dude has never played the OF. It will clearly be an adventure there - that is why they will need to put in defensive replacements, etc.  Clearly if Vaughn can't hit (and I'm not coming to that conclusion from the 3-4 games he's played) than they have to rethink things (and at some point you can trade for players too).  It isn't like Eloy was good either.

Eaton isn't that good - he's meh...but the other end of that platoon is Engel who is a phenomenal defender...so you are going to have 2 really good defenders more often than not in that OF.  You also have a 3B/SS who have a ton of range - which helps cover a bit for Vaughn too. Nothing wrong with Grandal/Abreu.  

• Like 2

Just now, Soxfest said:

Lucas should of ate this lineup for lunch and cruised tonight.

He hasn't had his fastball command in either start to begin the season, it's what has killed him. He's at least thrown some good sliders tonight which he didn't have in the first start .

Notice the Yankees are spending more money adding Odor very quickly this season...not sure how much $$$ the Rangers are sending with him.

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

He hasn't had his fastball command in either start to begin the season, it's what has killed him. He's at least thrown some good sliders tonight which he didn't have in the first start .

His velocity is way down too. It's concerning. 

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Good thing Moncada threw to him at second to wake his ass up that he has to be better.

Just now, ron883 said:

What did he say? This warms my heart.

How last inning is different if they turn two.  He’s mentioned it a few times and camera is on Madrigal.

Just now, mqr said:

Really baffling he was so awful at second

There are times watching him at 3rd when I question if he'd be able to make it work at SS. I'm sure the answer is no based on what we saw at 2B, completely agree.

Nice to get out of that after the leadoff walk with minimal pitches. He should be able to go five, maybe into the sixth, depending on if he has any arm issues/concerns based on the drop of velocity.

Next time go to 1st Yoan...this gamethread doesn't need the added stress.

Just now, caulfield12 said:

Notice the Yankees are spending more money adding Odor very quickly this season...not sure how much $$$ the Rangers are sending with him.

Yankees are only paying him league minimum.

Sorry if this has been discussed.

Anyone know the time table of Adam Eaton return?

Just now, caulfield12 said:

The reports said the Rangers are sending a lot of money.

I was totally expecting Madrigal to fuck that play up somehow. Yoan should have just gone to first.

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

And you see the opposition just sit on his change up then and have better at bats.

1 minute ago, Chisoxfn said:

Robert is a superstar CF'er.  I'd rather judge him on what I've seen from him the majority of the time vs. one massively comical and terrible folly.  Vaughn - what do you all expect. Dude has never played the OF. It will clearly be an adventure there - that is why they will need to put in defensive replacements, etc.  Clearly if Vaughn can't hit (and I'm not coming to that conclusion from the 3-4 games he's played) than they have to rethink things (and at some point you can trade for players too).  It isn't like Eloy was good either.

Eaton isn't that good - he's meh...but the other end of that platoon is Engel who is a phenomenal defender...so you are going to have 2 really good defenders more often than not in that OF.  You also have a 3B/SS who have a ton of range - which helps cover a bit for Vaughn too. Nothing wrong with Grandal/Abreu.  

With Madrigal, it has to be mental/psychological at this point.  He's nothing like the player he was his last two seasons at OSU.

Just now, wegner said:

Next time go to 1st Yoan...this gamethread doesn't need the added stress.

Yeah please avoid throwing it to the jockey over at second.

• Haha 1