4-6 GT: CWS @ SEA (9:10 PM CT)

Capn12

1 minute ago, maxjusttyped said:

I'm going to be concerned about how Abreu's reacted to covid until given a reason not to be. He looked off all ST and it's carried over into the season.

Possibly.   With Abreu though when people get concerned he all of a sudden goes on a tear.    Understand your point though. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

I knew they were going to have to get to this guy at SOME point.

Thank god. Maybe that will get Robert started this year.

What do you mean. That was the second homer off of him. The first one was 3 runs.

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Robert has honestly looked much better. He spit on a slider out of the zone there setting himself up to get the mistake. He's fighting himself a bit early in counts as you can tell he wants to swing but his approach is improving game to game. The reward for that will come. 

That Iglesias at bat was the only one I can recall where he looked totally helpless. 

2 minutes ago, SpringfieldFan said:

A grueling west coast road trip to start the season...with two key stars going down...playing some of the worst fundamental baseball possible...with a few bats still waiting to wake up...

Yet they might just come back home with a winning record.

Not to mention a lot of angry wives on the Southside.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Robert has honestly looked much better. He spit on a slider out of the zone there setting himself up to get the mistake. He's fighting himself a bit early in counts as you can tell he wants to swing but his approach is improving game to game. The reward for that will come. 

He's honestly had a few at bats this season where he battled well and laid off some offspeed offerings. I see no reason to be down on him.

3 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

I was at that game as a kid with my dad. How i stayed a fan after that shows that sox fans learn abuse early and often...

https://www.baseball-almanac.com/boxscore/05022002.shtml

James Baldwin was the opposing pitcher. Wow there were some bad arms coming out of the farm and ones that they tried relying on didn’t always work.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Greydawgfan1 said:

In before all the meatballs say Robert is trash lol

He's not trash, we just know he has a sky-high ceiling as a player and he's capable of far better results than he's had

• Like 1

Just now, caulfield12 said:

I'm taking it that Giolito's velocity has been 92-94, maybe a few 95's for most of the game?

Feels like 2-3 years ago monitoring his velocity so closely.

At least we know he had the mid to high 90's stuff last time out...there's that.

He's been 90-91 mph

Just now, ron883 said:

He's honestly had a few at bats this season where he battled well and laid off some offspeed offerings. I see no reason to be down on him.

754 OPS and one bonehead defensive play (miscommunication, we'll be generous) still adds up to a 4+ fWAR.