Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Capn12

4-6 GT: CWS @ SEA (9:10 PM CT)

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, lostfan said:

I think better, but I don't know about pedestrian, I mean Paulie was no Frank Thomas but his career numbers are pretty damn respectable in their own right.

Abreus already been a better player he just doesn’t have the counting numbers 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, lostfan said:

I think better, but I don't know about pedestrian, I mean Paulie was no Frank Thomas but his career numbers are pretty damn respectable in their own right.

I think the Jose Abreu from this Grantland article is probably somewhere between Paulie and Frank.

Sucks we missed out on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well the good news is that Marshall shouldn't be available tomorrow.

Great fun guys.  Get some sleep.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll take a guy like marshall as our mop up / blowout guy over a lot of ppl though, I was never a believer in his stuff tbh

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man, Marshall is really struggling.

At least this takes him out of the "frontline" of the bullpen, for now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, joesaiditstrue said:

I'll take a guy like marshall as our mop up / blowout guy over a lot of ppl though, I was never a believer in his stuff tbh

Who was that reliever we had 2-3 years ago that was really effective with his sinker/forkball but got hurt all the time?

Didn't throw that hard, but had a "heavy" ball...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Quin said:

I think the Jose Abreu from this Grantland article is probably somewhere between Paulie and Frank.

Sucks we missed out on it.

I remember reading this article when he was signed, that convinced me he was the real deal.

Also, damn, do I miss Grantland. That and the old Deadspin were my go-to sites for everything.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We're pretty fortunate we don't have to face the NL East/West this year.

Then again, the Rockies/DBacks/Giants are pretty crappy as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, mqr said:

Abreus already been a better player he just doesn’t have the counting numbers 

I think he would have a shot at the hall if he started the majors at 21 instead of 27 (Paulie is just on the outside of a HOF resume)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It appears sox will be 5th in run differential tomorrow. Glad to see somethings starting to click. DK please don't shit the bed and try and make it past the 6th.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Madrigal defense hasn’t been impressive at all. Makes a lot careless mistakes with his footwork. Disappointing last year and currently with his defense when it was supposed to be a strength. 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, PolishPrince34 said:

Madrigal defense hasn’t been impressive at all. Makes a lot careless mistakes with his footwork. Disappointing last year and currently with his defense when it was supposed to be a strength. 

I am beginning to get worried.. And I was a big supporter one week ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×