All-Star Game to Colorado

KrankinSox

1 hour ago, Kyyle23 said:

Guys can we not close this in one page, please 

It's a political topic so it's inevitable. A bunch of us end up going at each other's necks anyways so I don't really even understand the timidity of the political discussions, especially as about 80%+ of this board appears to be liberal. 

We don't know the reason as to why it's in Colorado now.

They may have just been the most prepared stadium/city to take it over. It's only 3 months away.

Georgia has a history of suppressing Civil Rights in various ways.

Why continue to promote and/or allow that to happen?

Civil Rights should be an issue supported by everyone; regardless of your political leanings.

For those who haven't been paying attention to this story.

Georgia has had election fraud in the past two elections. They passed election laws to require voter ID among other things.

Manfred says that's racist and takes the All Star Game away from Atlanta - a city that opposed the new state election laws. Voter ID was the main issue.

Manfred then moves the ASG to Denver. 

So in short, in order to combat supposedly racist voter ID laws, Manfred took away the ASG and all of its related revenues from the MLB's highest % black city and moved it to Denver (the highest white % city in the MLB). Also, Colorado has voter ID laws.

So basically, Manfred established that the MLB is woke and against "racism", the local business owners and citizens of Atlanta have been penalized, and the ASG is still in a state that requires voter ID for elections which was the reason the ASG had to be moved in the first place. Manfred = Facts < Optics.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, raBBit said:

For those who haven't been paying attention to this story.

Georgia has had election fraud in the past two elections. They passed election laws to require voter ID among other things.

Manfred says that's racist and takes the All Star Game away from Atlanta - a city that opposed the new state election laws. Voter ID was the main issue.

Manfred then moves the ASG to Denver. 

So in short, in order to combat supposedly racist voter ID laws, Manfred took away the ASG and all of its related revenues from the MLB's highest % black city and moved it to Denver (the highest white % city in the MLB). Also, Colorado has voter ID laws.

So basically, Manfred established that the MLB is woke and against "racism", the local business owners and citizens of Atlanta have been penalized, and the ASG is still in a state that requires voter ID for elections which was the reason the ASG had to be moved in the first place. Manfred = Facts < Optics.

For those who haven't been paying attention, pretty much all of that is false other than the demographics.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

For those who haven't been paying attention, pretty much all of that is false other than the demographics.

You'll notice Balta won't address specifically what is wrong and if pressed to, he will likely lock the thread once it deviates from his accepted form politics (theory as opposed to facts). Apparently Balta doesn't believe the ASG was moved to Denver, he doesnt care about the citizens and businesses in Atlanta affected, doesn't believe that Colorado has voter ID laws, doesn't believe Atlanta opposed these new laws, etc. All of these facts are easily verifiable with quick google searches.

When wrong, stick to the argument by authority. That approach doesn't work in the real world but it is certainly easier than forming a retort based on reason and evidence. 

8 minutes ago, raBBit said:

You'll notice Balta won't address specifically what is wrong and if pressed to, he will likely lock the thread once it deviates from his accepted form politics (theory as opposed to facts). Apparently Balta doesn't believe the ASG was moved to Denver, he doesnt care about the citizens and businesses in Atlanta affected, doesn't believe that Colorado has voter ID laws, doesn't believe Atlanta opposed these new laws, etc. All of these facts are easily verifiable with quick google searches.

When wrong, stick to the argument by authority. That approach doesn't work in the real world but it is certainly easier than forming a retort based on reason and evidence. 

No, you'll notice that I won't address specifically what the difference is because this website's owner has asked us to keep the political talk to a minimum, has asked us to close threads when political talk takes over those threads, and because I'm an administrator at the site and in fact personally gave a warning about too much political talk while posting the first thread on this all star game before that thread was closed for violating that rule, I'm not going to respond in more detail than that. 

If you would like to discuss the rule limiting political conversations, please do not complain to me, please complain to the site owner. As it seemingly took five posts in this thread for you to cross that line and you felt it necessary to accuse me of closing threads on subjects I don't like, please note - when this thread gets closed - it is not about my politics, it is about your unwillingness to follow rules on a private network that you don't own.