White Sox winner!

ron883

2 minutes ago, Vulture said:

Collins looks like a hitter

Agreed, nice little row of very good approaches by Mercedes, Collins & Vaughn.

If Robert makes the adjustment as we've begun to see, watch out.

Edited by beautox

Hard to get Yermin in there tomorrow if Collins/Grandal are both playing...

Also, Leury and Madrigal...please go away, especially Garcia.  He's making me actually want Mendick back.

That said, he's one of the streakiest hitters there is, eventually he'll come out of it, and he can play the most positions of anyone on the team, including SS.

2 minutes ago, wegner said:

Don't know who's pitching for Seattle, but think I'd like to see Collins at DH this afternoon.

Dunn, RHP

Would be nice to figure out how to get Leury and Madrigal out of the line-up, but no such luck...unfortunately.

Mariners really need Kelenic and Kyle Lewis back to be interesting.   Haniger probably gets traded at some point.

Sox now 3-0 vs. LH Starters; 0-3 vs. RH Starters

Split G GS PA AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI SB CS BB SO BA OBP SLG OPS TB GDP HBP SH SF IBB ROE BAbip tOPS+ sOPS+
vs RHP 5   150 133 15 29 4 0 3 10 3 1 14 41 .218 .302 .316 .618 42 1 2 1 0 0 0 .292 77 81
vs LHP 3   52 45 13 15 2 0 2 12 0 0 6 10 .333 .423 .511 .934 23 1 1 0 0 0 0 .394 167 143

13 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Sox now 3-0 vs. LH Starters; 0-3 vs. RH Starters

Split G GS PA AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI SB CS BB SO BA OBP SLG OPS TB GDP HBP SH SF IBB ROE BAbip tOPS+ sOPS+
vs RHP 5   150 133 15 29 4 0 3 10 3 1 14 41 .218 .302 .316 .618 42 1 2 1 0 0 0 .292 77 81
vs LHP 3   52 45 13 15 2 0 2 12 0 0 6 10 .333 .423 .511 .934 23 1 1 0 0 0 0 .394 167 143

Pretty sure it's now 18 in a row if you go back to Matthew Boyd and Jesus Lazardo...

We need Tommy LaStella!!   And "good" Moncada from the left-hand side.

Edited by caulfield12

2 hours ago, joesaiditstrue said:

interesting choice for a stadium with a retractable dome to keep it open when it's cold out

The roof is just an umbrella, it's still fully open air with it on.

It doesn't close the building, like say Miller Park or Chase Field. 

• Thanks 2

Again, didn't see much of the game (damn these west coast games).  But I saw enough to be frustrated by the continued defensive woes.  The 3rd inning was ugly, and Giolito had to throw way too many pitches.

But, Giolito did pitch well overall.  Also nice to see Robert destroy a baseball.  Collins looked good at the plate, not behind it.  Vaughn's first hit was encouraging.  I think he needed that first one to get going.  I expect many more.

I didn't see the rest, but it sounds like Crochet was good again, and Abreu did more Abreu things.

This team is exciting and frustrating.  Going to be a great season...that will cause me to drink more beer.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Abreu has single handedly convinced me RBIs aren't a meaningless stat.

this except unironically.

Default should be high rbis are unimpressive, but when you have a hitter like abreu whose approach and production with men on base is so consistently high than it's noteworthy. And granted, it probably was why he won the MVP last year over jose ramirez - and I think that's probably good.