White Sox winner!

ron883

1 hour ago, bmags said:

this except unironically.

Default should be high rbis are unimpressive, but when you have a hitter like abreu whose approach and production with men on base is so consistently high than it's noteworthy. And granted, it probably was why he won the MVP last year over jose ramirez - and I think that's probably good.

Well put.  There are plenty of hitters with a bunch of "meaningless RBIs", those being not in crucial situations and/or impactful to the outcome of the game.  Jose seems to hit and drive in runs in crucial and pressure situations on a regular basis.

1 hour ago, hi8is said:

😥

Why sad ? The trade is done and it's one game. Besides I wish him well. I don't care if it ends up he becomes a good pitcher. Lynn had about a 90 % chance  of being better than Dunn this year even though I did argue at one point that it's possible they pitch equally this year . I generally liked the trade but I had wished it happened at the trade deadline in 2020. In general I'm opposed to trading youth for a one year rental. It's like broke Bill Veeck is the owner again.

4 minutes ago, hogan873 said:

Well put.  There are plenty of hitters with a bunch of "meaningless RBIs", those being not in crucial situations and/or impactful to the outcome of the game.  Jose seems to hit and drive in runs in crucial and pressure situations on a regular basis.

I think any time anyone gets a hit and drives in a run  is good. All hits go toward making someone a better player and all runs make a deficit harder to overcome and lopsided W's make us happier the team is hitting well. Empty RBI's is a bullshit term . Yes in close games they are more meaningful  but generally some of the best players in the league are the guys who drive in the most runs. That's why they are put into the most situations to drive in runners in the middle of the order.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Why sad ? The trade is done and it's one game. Besides I wish him well. I don't care if it ends up he becomes a good pitcher. Lynn had about a 90 % chance  of being better than Dunn this year even though I did argue at one point that it's possible they pitch equally this year . I generally liked the trade but I had wished it happened at the trade deadline in 2020. In general I'm opposed to trading youth for a one year rental. It's like broke Bill Veeck is the owner again.

Trades that tend to work out hurt. It’s ok to see the value of Lynn as a workhorse and also have pain over missing 6 years of Dunning.

5 hours ago, gusguyman said:

Guess he'd have to skip the gamethreads too

43iv8l.jpg

In my defense, my disposition here is mainly based on games when we are losing. Granted, losing is gonna bring out the worst in all of us and God knows I have not been the most optimistic person this year but sometimes what goes on in those game threads goes a little overboard to say the least, lol.