4-7 GT: CWS @ SEA (3:10 PM CT)

Capn12

2 minutes ago, YoYoIsMyHero said:

With the injuries, the only really puzzling one is Lamb in for Moncada at the two spot. If Yoan is there that's still a good 1-6.

Still wondering what Lamb is doing on this team, and hitting in the 2 hole no less. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, YoYoIsMyHero said:

With the injuries, the only really puzzling one is Lamb in for Moncada at the two spot. If Yoan is there that's still a good 1-6.

I mean, not sure why Hamilton is playing over Vaughn again.

What's the point of Vaughn being on the team and losing that year of eligibility again? Pretty confused if he's only facing lefties for the most part.

24 minutes ago, YoYoIsMyHero said:

This is the most end of road trip, getaway-day lineup of all time.

Feels like Ozzie pulled a random Sunday lineup out of a hat...protecting Leury, Vaughn and Mercedes from a hard-throwing RHP.

Lamb hitting second seems the strangest.  Or Hamilton ahead of Mendick.

Edited by caulfield12

3 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Not really.  Its actually exactly where he should be with Eloy out.  Moncada is not a clean up hitter.  

Grandal is not a cleanup hitter. He only gets a base hit in less than 20% of trips to the plate

7 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I mean, not sure why Hamilton is playing over Vaughn again.

What's the point of Vaughn being on the team and losing that year of eligibility again? Pretty confused if he's only facing lefties for the most part.

I know he got a hit yesterday, but he hasn't looked good at all to me yet offensively. Vaughn should be taking extra days of BP, working with the hitting coach, and also having to do whole lot of fielding drills. That's going to be tiring! He should be getting extra time off. If this is going to work with him, then he needs to be on an incredibly fast learning curve, and that's a lot of work. 

1 minute ago, Vulture said:

Grandal is not a cleanup hitter. He only gets a base hit in less than 20% of trips to the plate

Sample size. He’s had one season in his career where he’s had 20% hit rate and that was 2017. Walks don’t bring runners home

9 minutes ago, Vulture said:

Who should be batting cleanup then?  if you say Jose, please let me see the rest of the lineup.

Grandal is our best option at 4 for the time being.  Much prefer him there than Moncada.  

• Capn12 unpinned this topic