4-7 GT: CWS @ SEA (3:10 PM CT)

Capn12

11 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Who should be batting cleanup then?  if you say Jose, please let me see the rest of the lineup.

Grandal is our best option at 4 for the time being.  Much prefer him there than Moncada.  

In that lineup (yeah), I probably go Grandal 2, Abreu 3, Collins 4, Robert 5. Gun to my head maybe I put Lamb 6th? 

37 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

I know he got a hit yesterday, but he hasn't looked good at all to me yet offensively. Vaughn should be taking extra days of BP, working with the hitting coach, and also having to do whole lot of fielding drills. That's going to be tiring! He should be getting extra time off. If this is going to work with him, then he needs to be on an incredibly fast learning curve, and that's a lot of work. 

He's running a 20% walk rate. He hasn't hit the ball well, sure, but he certainly looks like a professional to me.

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

He's running a 20% walk rate. He hasn't hit the ball well, sure, but he certainly looks like a professional to me.

His approach at the plate looks good, but to my eyes he is being completely overmatched by offspeed stuff, particularly at the bottom of the zone. I don't think that should be surprising as he's never seen MLB-quality offspeed pitches in his life! But, that means he has a lot of work to do.

26 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Who should be batting cleanup then?  if you say Jose, please let me see the rest of the lineup.

Grandal is our best option at 4 for the time being.  Much prefer him there than Moncada.  

Well out of this crew he might be the best option. Which is why it’s so awful. Actually I’d probably have to go with Robert here with Grandal second

4 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

His approach at the plate looks good, but to my eyes he is being completely overmatched by offspeed stuff, particularly at the bottom of the zone. I don't think that should be surprising as he's never seen MLB-quality offspeed pitches in his life! But, that means he has a lot of work to do.

True, but there's also the issue of being a little anxious to get that first hit or anxious to help out the team right away. Remember how bad Eloy looked on low off-speed stuff against KC during his first series a couple years ago? I'm not worried about Vaughn. 

Just now, SoxBlanco said:

True, but there's also the issue of being a little anxious to get that first hit or anxious to help out the team right away. Remember how bad Eloy looked on low off-speed stuff against KC during his first series a couple years ago? I'm not worried about Vaughn. 

I never said I'm worried about him! All I said was he is probably working on a lot right now, fielding drills he's never done before, a whole lot of batting cage work, and a whole lot of video work, and even in his early 20s that's a tall order physically when he also has to play a full 3 hour game every day. 

2 hours ago, manbearpuig said:

Yeah pretty dumb he's only pitched in one game so far.

Maybe it has something to do with the kidney stones. If he let it go to point of infection, it might have taken a lot out of him

It is rather odd not to see some of our best guys at talking a walk ( Vaughn, Moncada) not in there against a guy who struggles with control. With the weak hitting lineup need more walks to make every hit an RBI opportunity.  Before the Abreu granny how many times did we strand guys in scoring position with less than 2 outs ?

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

I'd think so. Forecast looks drizzly too

30 minutes ago, brijames1957 said:

Won't Seattle close the roof today with it being so cold?

Their roof doesn’t “close”. It gets close, covers the park from rain, but does not completely close like Milwaukee or other retractable roofs.

Seattle is a mild climate, so there aren’t many times where heat and or air conditioning would be preferred in a ballgame. Last night was an exception to the rule.

3 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

I thought we were done with these kinds of lineups for good. But yet here we are. Hopefully DK can bring his A game and pitch 6 or 7 shut out innings. 

I bit on the promo bet on pointsbet too. De Chambeau number of birdies vs Sox runs. I picked the wrong day for that bet.

• Capn12 unpinned this topic