4-7 GT: CWS @ SEA (3:10 PM CT)

Capn12

I don’t think this team is a playoff team this year. Way too many injuries have messed up the lineup. Also the starting pitchers can’t go 6 innings or more is a bad sign. I wonder what all the praise was about in the offseason about Katz.

Edited by maloney.adam
  • Like 1

Just now, chw42 said:

We don't put runners on 2nd and third on that bad throw and we probably get at least one out on the infield single that followed.

No we don't. Ball rolled 10 feet away. That inning was not on the defense. Foster got lit up and our 2nd in rotation stud left hand pitcher walked the left handed lead off guy with a 3 run lead on a non competitive ball 4 pitch

Just now, brijames1957 said:

If the friggin starters cant even go 6 friggin innings this is going to be a long friggin year. Just go friggen 6 and give up 3 or less runs. 

The average start in baseball this year has been less than 5 innings. This is the norm for almost every team right now. The Sox should be as equipped as anyone to handle it.

5 minutes ago, ptatc said:

That is another question entirely.  Foster was excellent last year. Just bad luck and bad results today 

He did get unlucky, but it was also clear he couldn't put Ty France away no matter what. France is on fire right now, but still.

Just now, 2Deep said:

No we don't. Ball rolled 10 feet away. That inning was not on the defense. Foster got lit up and our 2nd in rotation stud left hand pitcher walked the left handed lead off guy with a 3 run lead on a non competitive ball 4 pitch

Lol Foster definitely didn’t get “lit up”

Just now, wegner said:

Yes I agree.  I'm just incredibly frustrated that this "strength" of the team keeps giving up leads.

It’s been 7 games. A 3-4 west coast road trip isn’t all that bad all things considered. Could we have gone 5-2 or 6-1? Sure, but it doesn’t bury us or anything.

4 minutes ago, elrockinMT said:

I don’t agree that this is the manager’s fault. It’s early in the season and the starter is knocking on the door of 100 pitches. We are supposed to have one of the best bullpens in the Majors so be LaRusa uses it. The relief corp has been less than stellar five out of seven games. LaRussa makes the moves and the players are supposed to perform 

LaRussa used the worst guys in that bullpen! Bummer hasn’t pitched in 3 days, Hendricks once all season!

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, 2Deep said:

No that ball rolled past 3rd base. If there's a runner on first on the next batter we get at least one on the force instead of the bases getting loaded.

1 minute ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Jake Lamb had some nice ABs today. Really has a plan up there

was checking out his transaction history with AZ and ATL, my god the dude has been through the injury machine. foot, leg, shoulder, etc etc. 

hard to believe he was a ~30 hr/30 2b/100 rbi guy twice

1 minute ago, maloney.adam said:

I don’t think this team is a playoff team this year. Way too many injuries and inexperience. 

Come on man you can't judge a team until at least the 50 game mark. If this team isn't at worst .500 after 50 games then you may be right.

2 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

It’s been 7 games. A 3-4 west coast road trip isn’t all that bad all things considered. Could we have gone 5-2 or 6-1? Sure, but it doesn’t bury us or anything.

Could still be a 4-3 road trip.  Seattle bullpen is not the best.  Time to get positive.   I'll try anyways.

Just now, brijames1957 said:

Come on man you can't judge a team until at least the 50 game mark. If this team isn't at worst .500 after 50 games then you may be right.

I would say it’s less about win-loss results and more just the overall talent level we’re seeing in lineups.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, manbearpuig said:

The way they have played the first 7 games, you wouldn't believe they are (potentially) 4-3 or 3-4.

That is what is worrisome.  A 3-4 west road trip isn't the end of the world, its how shitty they'v played all around.   Dumb compounding dumb, with some bad managerial decisions mixed in.

• Like 1

• Capn12 unpinned this topic