4-7 GT: CWS @ SEA (3:10 PM CT)

Capn12

1 minute ago, JoeyCoralFanClub said:

Damn straight. This is year 5 of the rebuild. No more excuses from Hahn and company about how this team is still "one more year away".

This team currently is not a World Series caliber. Things can change, but they needed everything to go right this year and everyone play at their peak potential. They didn’t account for injuries, lack of depth, nor regression. 

• Like 1

Just now, fathom said:

So excited to see Eaton lead off for next two weeks!

At least Eaton looks competent. 

Awesome to see we're using our best relievers in a 4 run game we're losing when they could have been used to prevent that 4 run lead just an inning ago. 

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

Ricky did the same shit with Rodon and Bummer last year. He pitches Rodon an inning earlier and then put in Bummer when Rodon blew the lead.

I think he was trying to let Rodon get it together before the playoffs, and honestly, I can't remember Rodon throwing any strikes at all.  He was way behind everyone.  I would put Rodon's issues equally on Hahn.  And really as I said, Ricky didn't have the talent.  The pen this year doesn't have an offbalance Rodon coming back from TJ after a brief tour of Schaumburg stuck in the pen half due to his potential and the other half due to his contract and that fact he couldn't retire anyone out of the rotation.

Just now, chw42 said:

At least Eaton looks competent. 

Awesome to see we're using our best relievers in a 4 run game we're losing when they could have been used to prevent that 4 run lead just an inning ago. 

Wasn’t the error in the 6th on Eaton?

Just now, Tnetennba said:

Bummer and Hendriks pitch inconsequential innings after the game is over.  Fucking Brilliant.

What hurts is that one of them could have been used to prevent this lead. 

3 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

6 months into a million dollar salary job and he hasn’t figured out Bummer is better than Foster? You aren’t complimenting him here.

He can't have him pitch them all. With starters going so few innings now, everyone in the bullpen needs to be used. Bummer did not look good in LAA.

I never said I was complimenting him. I said I was waiting to see and not condemning it 1 week into the season.

1 minute ago, maxjusttyped said:

Bummer and Hendriks were pitching any under circumstances yet Foster was allowed to stay out there and blow the game. Just staggering incompetence by TLR. This loss is on him.

This is up there with using Ruiz in a big spot last year 

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

Wasn’t the error in the 6th on Eaton?

I'm more or less talking about his at bats. He'll put together a real good PA once a game. Leury looks completely clueless. 

And yes, Eaton has been subpar defensively so far. 

Just now, caulfield12 said:

Of course, we still blew through Bummer and Hendriks. 

No choice but to call up Lopez to cover these situations, along with Ruiz for now. 

Both Bummer and Hendricks need work because LaRussa won’t use them, and Friday is an offday so they can go again tomorrow if needed.

2 minutes ago, Spicygar said:

Either kopech and crochet need to be stretched out or they need to be relievers. 

No. Neither has enough innings this year to be full time starters. It's not possible.

• Capn12 unpinned this topic