4-7 GT: CWS @ SEA (3:10 PM CT)

Capn12

1 minute ago, ptatc said:

He can't have him pitch them all. With starters going so few innings now, everyone in the bullpen needs to be used. Bummer did not look good in LAA.

I never said I was complimenting him. I said I was waiting to see and not condemning it 1 week into the season.

He was fine more recently... just a one game blip. 

2 minutes ago, ptatc said:

He can't have him pitch them all. With starters going so few innings now, everyone in the bullpen needs to be used. Bummer did not look good in LAA.

I never said I was complimenting him. I said I was waiting to see and not condemning it 1 week into the season.

Bring in Bummer when there are 2 runners on and tying run at the plate. Or when Trout, Rendon, and Upton are coming up.

Bring in Foster in the 7th with the bases empty and Heuer or someone warming as backup.

Not hard.

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

Have to be able to put away hitters.  Saying someone pitched ok is like Bummer on opening night.  

Foster should not have faced another hitter after he was unable to finish off France....but noone was even warming up yet.  Unbelievably bad bullpen management.

Just now, Balta1701 said:

Bring in Bummer when there are 2 runners on and tying run at the plate. Or when Trout, Rendon, and Upton are coming up.

Bring in Foster in the 7th with the bases empty and Heuer or someone warming as backup.

Was Heuer actually available today? 

Just now, wegner said:

Foster should not have faced another hitter after he was unable to finish off France....but noone was even warming up yet.  Unbelievably bad bullpen management.

lol it's like nothing has changed from the previous manager. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, ron883 said:

Good thing we saved Hendriks until now. What a joke

If TLR is fine putting Hendricks in down 4, no reason he can’t put him in for Foster to “save the game” in the 6th

10 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

You better believe if we struggle to meet expectations this year there will be excuses from the FO. They are gonna talk about growing pains from young guys and health. 

Of course they will spin excuses if this season falls apart. What else would they do?

Well gee if Hendriks is capable of pitching and Bummer as well it sure would have made sense to get one of them going when it was obvious Foster wasn't tricking anyone.

All TLR has to do is walk to the mound once it takes him like half an hour to get out there, either guy would have been warm by then.

Where is Jerry Narron?  Isn't he supposed to be TLR's babysitter?  Take the reigns Jerry JFC.

2 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Between this and Madrigal saying he can get 3000 hits...it's like our guys are too full of themselves. 

They are. How about make the playoffs in back to back seasons instead of anointing themselves as World Series contenders. It’s looking more like the last two weeks of last season was the real team and the rest was a fluke. 

• Capn12 unpinned this topic