4-7 GT: CWS @ SEA (3:10 PM CT)

Capn12

1 minute ago, ShoeLessRob said:

On paper before the season they looked solid af. But obviously that’s why you play out the season. 

This lineup today is last place in the division caliber. They’re going to have to upgrade in LF sooner than later.  Can you imagine the current LF options facing Indians pitching next week? 

1 minute ago, Spicygar said:

The need to be careful with pitchers coming off TJ. It was a ligament in the arm. So we are waiting for a different part of the body to fail?

It's was over 2 years ago. They aren't worried about it at all. The innings limit is due to not pitching at all last year. If he pitched last year he would probably be in the rotation  this year.

Just now, fathom said:

This lineup today is last place in the division caliber. They’re going to have to upgrade in LF sooner than later.  Can you imagine the current LF options facing Indians pitching next week? 

Who do we get if Hamilton is out?  Williams?

Just now, fathom said:

No Timmy either. Sox pitching is gonna have to pitch shutouts

1 minute ago, ptatc said:

No.

What is the new risk from throwing 120 to 200? It's not the surgically repaired arm right? It's the other pieces of the body that didn't break down before? Or is it the surgery where if I go to big to fast the repair will fail?

1 minute ago, Capn12 said:

That is that. This team without TA7 and Eloy, really has some soul searching to do.

Not to mention just how awful they've been at the fundamentals such as baserunning and defense.

While it's a valid concern, I think most teams will struggle without arguably it's 2 best hitters. I think it's had the biggest influence on Abreu. He really seems to try to do everything by himself without Eloy hitting behind him

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

Have you seen the Indians lineup this year?

1 minute ago, Spicygar said:

What is the new risk from throwing 120 to 200? It's not the surgically repaired arm right? It's the other pieces of the body that didn't break down before? Or is it the surgery where if I go to big to fast the repair will fail?

The risk is overusing muscles that haven't been conditioned in over 2 years. It tear up his arm. No one can go from no use to 200 innings. 100 or so is probably the most.

8 minutes ago, YourWhatHurts said:

That Keuchel contract is going to (hopefully) get Hahn fired.  Or it should.

I bet that Hendriks contract looks like one that should get him fired also in about 1-2 years, hopefully later than sooner.

As long as that POS reinsdorf is still breathing however, KW is the Stooge #1 and Hahn is Stooge #2.

I call out the Grandal and Keuchel signings as overpays and the roster restrictions they force now and in the future. Call out the poor draft picks and criticized for “hindsight.

Jerry and his front office are the reason the Sox are among the worst teams in MLB since Hahn was promoted. @GermanSoxFan can whine all he wants, but facts are facts, and this is and will continue to be the case until Jerry and his crony’s are gone. 

8 minutes ago, ptatc said:

And your positive that the 3 hits that Foster gave wouldn't have lead to more?

I disagree that struggling pitchers are as easily handled as you say. Using only 2 pitchers in high leverage situations every game is going to wear them out very quickly.

I don't think anyone is advocating for only 2 high leverage relievers. The plan today clearly was for Bummer and Hendriks to pitch under any circumstances, and given that was the case, TLR should have been looking for any high leverage situation to bring them into the game. Foster blowing the lead was a drip drip situation rather than a few base runners followed by a HR. There was plenty of time for Bummer to get loose and come in while the lead was intact or tied. I don't like being a blame the manager type of guy but there is no way not to pin that game on TLR. Letting Foster blow the game when Bummer was rested (and going to pitch the next inning anyways) is complete incompetence.

7 minutes ago, fathom said:

Maybe try bringing up Gavin Sheets and Yoelqui Cespedes?

Edited by maloney.adam

3 minutes ago, ptatc said:

The risk is overusing muscles that haven't been conditioned in over 2 years. It tear up his arm. No one can go from no use to 200 innings. 100 or so is probably the most.

A lot of guys have come back from TJS and pitched a full workload. Lynn for example

1 minute ago, ptatc said:

Ok!  Wasn't trying get at you or anything. Just wondering why they couldn't go after the TJS and this clears that up

1 minute ago, maxjusttyped said:

The latest scouting report on him from Fangraphs doesn't read as if we'll be seeing him anytime soon.

I would try taking a risk at this point, especially if they are signing Oscar Colas next period. What do they have to lose.

Edited by maloney.adam

• Capn12 unpinned this topic