4-7 GT: CWS @ SEA (3:10 PM CT)

Capn12

Just now, Spicygar said:

Ok!  Wasn't trying get at you or anything. Just wondering why they couldn't go after the TJS and this clears that up

No worries. And again it's my opinion based on working with similar injuries and situations. I have no "inside" information on the individual situation.

3 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

I call out the Grandal and Keuchel signings as overpays and the roster restrictions they force now and in the future. Call out the poor draft picks and criticized for “hindsight.

Jerry and his front office are the reason the Sox are among the worst teams in MLB since Hahn was promoted. @GermanSoxFan can whine all he wants, but facts are facts, and this is and will continue to be the case until Jerry and his crony’s are gone. 

I'm new to this forum but I was a big anti-rebuild guy. All I heard from Sox Nation during the tanking years was to be patient and that a juggernaut Sox team was coming. This season obviously isn't over but this team doesn't look much different from the tank years so far.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, JoeyCoralFanClub said:

I'm new to this forum but I was a big anti-rebuild guy. All I heard from Sox Nation during the tanking years was to be patient and that a juggernaut Sox team was coming. This season obviously isn't over but this team doesn't look much different from the tank years so far.

We also thought they wouldn’t have such a lousy payroll come contention time

1 minute ago, ptatc said:

No worries. And again it's my opinion based on working with similar injuries and situations. I have no "inside" information on the individual situation.

Always funny. 2 days before my wedding my dad tore his ucl on the golf course. Now that it's fixed he's got no pain, out having fun. Dont know of too many ucl tears on the course

6 minutes ago, JoeyCoralFanClub said:

Ill take this team over  over all  LaRoche  and Frazier teams they could ever come up with

Edited by Chick Mercedes

21 minutes ago, ptatc said:

And your positive that the 3 hits that Foster gave wouldn't have lead to more?

I disagree that struggling pitchers are as easily handled as you say. Using only 2 pitchers in high leverage situations every game is going to wear them out very quickly.

So the answer is obviously to never use them. If they only pitch mop up duty then they don’t wear out.

As the Sox struggle to score vs RHP, it comes back to the need to have power in the lineup. I will never understand why they thought getting more grindy was smart after finally getting good offensive stats via slugging.

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

We also thought they wouldn’t have such a lousy payroll come contention time

And no one had “bring in a washed up 76 year old manager who believes the game was played exactly correct in 2006 so they will play that way in all things” as a possibility.

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

As the Sox struggle to score vs RHP, it comes back to the need to have power in the lineup. I will never understand why they thought getting more grindy was smart after finally getting good offensive stats via slugging.

I'm sure part of the reason was this lineup had plenty of power factoring Eloy and TA. Teams need on base guys too.

Edited by ptatc

Just now, ptatc said:

It's 7 games in. Plenty of time to see if the bullpen guys aren't going to produce as predicted. 

The f*** does this even mean? It’s not LaRussas fault because Bummer and Hendricks might also be bad?

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

And no one had “bring in a washed up 76 year old manager who believes the game was played exactly correct in 2006 so they will play that way in all things” as a possibility.

I think the shift stats today are just as concerning as the bullpen handling.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Does anyone have faith in this team against RHP's?

I don't. It's really become a meme at this point. Even fantasy baseball podcasts are like... well starting any random RHP against the White Sox might be a decent idea.

Also, glad Tony admitted his mistakes, that means we can build off of it, hopefully. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, JoeyCoralFanClub said:

Gotcha. Reinsdorf is actually a huge reason on why I was anti-rebuild. I never thought he would actually pony up the $$ to put the team over the top.

Take a hindsight look at some of those old rosters, and you likely cannot point out a convincing reason that was a better course of action.

• Capn12 unpinned this topic