Sign in to follow this  
Capn12

4-7 GT: CWS @ SEA (3:10 PM CT)

17 minutes ago, JoeyCoralFanClub said:

I'm new to this forum but I was a big anti-rebuild guy. All I heard from Sox Nation during the tanking years was to be patient and that a juggernaut Sox team was coming. This season obviously isn't over but this team doesn't look much different from the tank years so far.

You're delusional if you don't see the difference.    Even the suckfest which has been this first week, the talent is night and day to the shit we put up with the last 10 years. 

I'm as pissed as everyone about this terrible start, but let's not talk dumb as fans. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

wow, that's refreshing.  

Flush this game, come back and win the home opener.  Just keep winning 2/3.

Need to keep winning series

• Like 1

The only defense we have seen Tony is sloppy and it has been fairly convincing. 

4 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Um...

They certainly were a good defensive team last year! Now they don't shift anymore and can't stop making errors, so who knows.

1 hour ago, fathom said:

You absolutely can’t let Foster stay in there to face Seager if you’re planning on using Bummer one out later.  

I agree with you.  First TL call I really strongly disagreed with.

1 hour ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Before the season started I figured 3-4 on this trip. They always struggle on the west coast. The fact that they played about as bad as they could possibly play and still won 3/7 out there is a small success in my book.

If the Sox are ever truly going to be a great team, stupid stigmas like that have to be overcome. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, RagahRagah said:

If the Sox are ever truly going to be a great team, stupid stigmas like that have to be overcome. 

They were 6-7 in Oakland, Anaheim, and Seattle during the 2005 regular season. 99 wins and a world championship later, I’d say that was a truly great team.

Edited by JUSTgottaBELIEVE

1 hour ago, JoeyCoralFanClub said:

I'm new to this forum but I was a big anti-rebuild guy. All I heard from Sox Nation during the tanking years was to be patient and that a juggernaut Sox team was coming. This season obviously isn't over but this team doesn't look much different from the tank years so far.

Because the rebuild was handled by same management/ownership that drove the team into the ground.

And that is the very root of the pessimism.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

They were 6-7 in Oakland, Anaheim, and Seattle during the 2005 regular season. 99 wins and a world championship later, I’d say that was a truly great team.

Except that team was largely lucky (many people here even admit that) and didn't have close to the talent this team does.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, RagahRagah said:

Except that team was largely lucky (many people here even admit that) and didn't have close to the talent this team does.

Every team that wins a World Series requires some luck along the way. They won 99 games (best record in AL, 1 win shy of best in MLB) and then went 11-1 in the playoffs. Doesn’t seem lucky to me, seems dominant.

22 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Every team that wins a World Series requires some luck along the way. They won 99 games (best record in AL, 1 win shy of best in MLB) and then went 11-1 in the playoffs. Doesn’t seem lucky to me, seems dominant.

The larger issue with 2005 is the 2003, 2004, 2006, and 2007 teams didn’t make the playoffs. That’s fairly telling in terms of how good of a team/foundation that was

• Like 1

I'd like to point out a bright spot today.  I thought Lamb looked very good making pitchers work and showing nice plate discipline.  I was not sure of that signing but it initially looks solid.  If he stays healthy, he could help.

56 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

There is a clear difference with the vast majority of teams who win and you know it.

Just now, RagahRagah said:

There is a clear difference with the vast majority of teams who win and you know it.

No, I don’t know it. The White Sox were the best team in baseball that year. They absolutely deserved to win the World Series.

34 minutes ago, Tony said:

The larger issue with 2005 is the 2003, 2004, 2006, and 2007 teams didn’t make the playoffs. That’s fairly telling in terms of how good of a team/foundation that was

Doesn’t mean the 2005 team wasn’t great. Can’t argue with the results. Best regular season record in the AL and tied for the best postseason run in modern playoff format history.

2 hours ago, Tnetennba said:

Um...

Well La Russ doesn't know what he is talking about. But our coach La Russa knows our defense is whack. 

5 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

No, I don’t know it. The White Sox were the best team in baseball that year. They absolutely deserved to win the World Series.

If you don't know the difference between teams that generally win the world series vs. teams like the 06 Cardinals it's because you're simply not paying attention.

Having some luck is one thing. Being a total anomaly of a team is another. If you're really saying you can't see the difference you have to be lying to yourself.

Just now, RagahRagah said:

If you don't know the difference between teams that generally win the world series vs. teams like the 06 Cardinals it's because you're simply not paying attention.

Having some luck is one thing. Being a total anomaly of a team is another. If you're really saying you can't see the difference you have to be lying to yourself.

Now you’re comparing the 83 win Cardinals to the 2005 White Sox? Lol. Ok, think we’re done here.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

I'll take that 2005 White Sox team man for man over this 2021 squad every day of the week. 

Not TA or Luis Robert... definitely go with Giolito of the last two seasons over every starter but Contreras, who started the lone loss against Paul Byrd.   Abreu as DH clearly over Everett.  Bummer/Crochet over Cotts. 

Edited by caulfield12

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Not TA or Luis Robert... definitely go with Giolito of the last two seasons over every starter but Contreras, who started the lone loss against Paul Byrd.   Abreu as DH clearly over Everett.  Bummer/Crochet over Cotts. 

Oh, Abreu is DH now?

Hopefully that was the ugliest game of the year... because... um.... that was UGLY.

1 hour ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

Oh, Abreu is DH now?

Well, we can argue about Konerko in 2005 vs. Abreu coming off an MVP award.

It's pointless to pick Abreu after what Paulie did that series, the ceremony with JR, etc.