Royals vs Sox 5:20pm Home Opener GT

4 minutes ago, Green Line said:

Its not raining now.  They should have just moved the game up a few hours.  Why start so late in the afternoon anyway?

3 isn't that late in the afternoon, it's right when a lot of people get off work and can watch the game.  

42 minutes ago, manbearpuig said:

Remember that one bullshit opening day where it didn't rain from the start of the game on yet it was delayed for what, 3 hours until it was PPD?

Yes,  I believe that was, the year after the snOwpener.

What the Sox management did  was inexcusable.  After several hours of selling beer and concessions, the Sox announced that the game was postponed.

Went the next day and got soaked again, but they got the game in.

No way an I going today. I sold my tickets last night because I did not want to go through the Opening Day rain game situation again.

1 hour ago, Kyyle23 said:

I simply cannot wait to find out that Nicky Lopez is from Naperville

I’m a Naperville Central alumnus and covered Lopez when he was with the Redhawks and he’s a great guy with great family, but you hit nail on head with that.

Constant refrain from Benetti every time the Sox play the Royals. Does get a little old sometimes.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Brooks Boyer on the score right now saying the game most likely will be delayed a little bit but they have a window to play

What Boyer said is a joke. Ask people who went to the 2018 and 2019 Openers.

It wasn't long ago that Brooks and the Sox management allowed fans to wait on a rainy day for well over an hour (maybe longer tha two hours as I seem to recall)  before calling the game while they collected Beer money from them.

I have been to over 30 Openers and that was even worse than the Snowpener.

I have no issue with them trying to get the game in, but do it in a reasonable way. Don't make rain-soaked people wait all day out there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

3 isn't that late in the afternoon, it's right when a lot of people get off work and can watch the game.  

A lot of people get off work at 3? I'm in the wrong profession.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Maybe you should have been a teacher. They usually get off around 3 as I recall. I have a lot of friends who were teachers and early retired at 55.  Some moved to Florida and AZ but the ones who still live here in the Chicago area are always available,  it seems, to attend games.

• Thanks 1

• Kalapse changed the title to Royals vs Sox 5:20pm Home Opener GT
  • Kyyle23 locked and unpinned this topic