Royals vs Sox 5:20pm Home Opener GT

2 minutes ago, Kalapse said:

2021 vs righty starters: .206/.325/.290/.615

2021 vs lefty starters: .292/.382/.496/.877

This isn't something we didn't see coming when Eloy went down, it's 100% accurate to question whether or not this lineup has enough thunder vs righties, so far they're not fairing well at all.

Sample size of 4 and 3 games, respectively. Do you also think Jose is going to hit .207 or Yermin is going to hit .565 this season?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Sitting him isn't ridiculous. Maybe keeping him on the 26 is though. No reason to play him against a righty. Maybe Williams can provide something against the righty Keller.

If you are going to have him on the 26, sitting him is ridiculous unless he is about to sign an extension. They are trading about 25 ABs during his rookie year for a full year of his prime. Stupid. If he isn't good enough to play every day, send him down.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

I know fathom cares about the cubs very much so I included that in jest. But in all seriousness, who cares if they’re average against righties if they still have a top 10 offense in MLB? I believe this pitching staff will be top 10 by year end. How many other teams do you expect to have a top 10 offense and pitching staff? Only teams with World Series aspirations.

Which RH starters are we going to beat in the AL Central is the key point here...in order to get to the playoffs in the first place.

Just now, Balta1701 said:

Really, no reason to play him? We already know for certain that Vaughn's righty-platoon splits will be bad?

Sox already no wins against righties maybe another LH bat helps. He's had a chance to contribute already and he will get more or get sent down. I'm thinking of a W not my personal preference for a rookie in over his head so far. The Sox are getting plenty of walks we need some hits.

1 minute ago, Dick Allen said:

If you are going to have him on the 26, sitting him is ridiculous unless he is about to sign an extension. They are trading about 25 ABs during his rookie year for a full year of his prime. Stupid. If he isn't good enough to play every day, send him down.

Well there's no place to send him down to now is there, once the minor league season starts he will get sent down if he doesn't hit. Just because he's on the 26 doesn't mean playing time should be automatic.

• Like 1

I'm so glad we hired Tony LaRussa so this team could be managed like a 1999 National League roster. We're plucking guys off the street and dumping them into our lineup over our top prospect whom we're burning a year of service time for in order to have available. He has hits in his last two appearances and a .353 OBP in 13 games, and he's sitting for career nomads when we're desperate for a bat like his in the lineup.

The LaRussa hire can kiss my ass.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 3

1 minute ago, Steve9347 said:

I'm so glad we hired Tony LaRussa so this team could be managed like a 1999 National League roster. We're plucking guys off the street and dumping them into our lineup over our top prospect whom we're burning a year of service time for in order to have available. He has hits in his last two appearances and a .353 OBP in 13 games, and he's sitting for career nomads when we're desperate for a bat like his in the lineup.

Don’t forget lack of shifting 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Steve9347 said:

No one can say this wasn’t predictable either. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Well there's no place to send him down to now is there, once the minor league season starts he will get sent down if he doesn't hit. Just because he's on the 26 doesn't mean playing time should be automatic.

So send him down after we burn a year of control? That would be the most idiotic move that your right it probably will happen. 

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Don’t forget lack of shifting 

It sucks. So much ass is sucked by the decision to allow this to happen. AJ Hinch was ready and willing to bring a 2021 strategy to this team, and we're out here with something worse than anything Ozzie Guillen was trying in his final years.

I don't know how they expect Vaughn to get better riding the pine. I'm just beyond pissed at the start to this season, because the problems that we're facing are being forced upon the roster for no reason other than bad decisions. The Sox are signing Billy Hamilton in a post-Billy Hamilton MLB world for every other team in the league. 

Why can't they just play their best damn players.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mqr said:

With the exception of 2019 where he only had like 100 ABs Williams hasn’t been all that awful at the dish. Wonder what the deal is there. 

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/phillies/nick-williams-phillies-40-man-roster-battle

https://www.thegoodphight.com/2020/1/11/21049526/why-is-nick-williams-still-here

31 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

This Vaughn this makes zero sense.  We're already like 1.5 weeks away from just getting an extra year if we just sent him to the alt site out of ST and the guy has all of 17 PA.  Its an absolute fucking joke.  TLR Is going to blow a year of service for like 35 PA.  

Well Vaughn is certainly not an everyday left fielder. It makes sense to only play him in left like 3 times a week. 

Really the Issue is that this team has 3 DHs. I think one of them (not vaughn) should get traded to make more room for him. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ShoeLessRob said:

So send him down after we burn a year of control? That would be the most idiotic move that your right it probably will happen. 

You only burn the year of control if he's on the big league roster. If he's sent down for more than 15-ish days, you get that year of control back.

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, mqr said:

With the exception of 2019 where he only had like 100 ABs Williams hasn’t been all that awful at the dish. Wonder what the deal is there. 

Yeah Williams was decent at the plate when he came up. Not sure what happened to him in the past 2 years though. 

13 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Why the fuck is he on the 26 then.  It should be automatic.  Or he should be at the alternate site.  Ruining a year for LITERALLY less than 10 starts now is absolutly stupid.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Kalapse changed the title to Royals vs Sox 5:20pm Home Opener GT
  • Kyyle23 locked and unpinned this topic