Royals vs Sox 5:20pm Home Opener GT

3 minutes ago, Dominikk85 said:

Well Vaughn is certainly not an everyday left fielder. It makes sense to only play him in left like 3 times a week. 

Really the Issue is that this team has 3 DHs. I think one of them (not vaughn) should get traded to make more room for him. 

So why is he here? It's one thing if he was a hack with no future, like oh I don't know, Nick Williams... but aside from not getting crucial-to-his-development AB's it's going to be burn a year of his Sox career. It sucks. There's no defending this

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, soxfan49 said:

So why is he here? It's one thing if he was a hack with no future, like oh I don't know, Nick Williams... but aside from not getting crucial-to-his-development AB's it's going to be burn a year of his Sox career. It sucks. There's no defending this

He's here because the manager doesn't control the 26 man active roster. He's not playing, because our manager has one foot in the grave and has been out of the game throughout the entire statistical revolution.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Sample size of 4 and 3 games, respectively. Do you also think Jose is going to hit .207 or Yermin is going to hit .565 this season?

OPS last year against lefties was .887, against righties it was .749 and that's with Eloy having an .898 ops against righties.  It's still not the biggest sample size in the world but it's absolutely something people were worried about going into the season after Eloy got hurt and so far it's showed through.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Dominikk85 said:

Well Vaughn is certainly not an everyday left fielder. It makes sense to only play him in left like 3 times a week. 

Really the Issue is that this team has 3 DHs. I think one of them (not vaughn) should get traded to make more room for him. 

Then, as we’ve said many times, send him down if he cannot have consistent AB’s. I honestly believe if Eloy was in LF, we’d be having the same discussion with Vaughn and a limited amount of playing time. He might not have even made the team. 

10 minutes ago, Dominikk85 said:

Well, he should be in the lineup at least 80-90% of the time.  Not 50% or less like he has been.  If he needs to be at DH, so be it.  Mercedes takes a seat.  Vaughn plays 3-4 days as week is a joke.  I never wanted him to break camp with the Sox because 162 is always >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> than 15.  But if he is on the roster, the guys needs to be in the fucking lineup.  

I really have a hard time believing Hahn supports this.  

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Rowand44 said:

OPS last year against lefties was .887, against righties it was .749 and that's with Eloy having an .898 ops against righties.  It's still not the biggest sample size in the world but it's absolutely something people were worried about going into the season after Eloy got hurt and so far it's showed through.

.749 was slightly above league average OPS last season. So slightly above average against righties and top 2 against lefties sounds like enough offense “to contend” if the pitching is as good as anticipated.

2 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Well, he should be in the lineup at least 80-90% of the time.  Not 50% or less like he has been.  If he needs to be at DH, so be it.  Mercedes takes a seat.  Vaughn plays 3-4 days as week is a joke.  I never wanted him to break camp with the Sox because 162 is always >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> than 15.  But if he is on the roster, the guys needs to be in the fucking lineup.  

Fingers crossed he gets crabby and we get interim manager Super Joe

Just now, 35thstreetswarm said:

My weather forecast just got a lot worse, going from 40/20% at 3:00/4:00 to 60/75% at those times.  Starting to worry

It looks light at that time and just at that time at the park. 

8 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Why the fuck is he on the 26 then.  It should be automatic.  Or he should be at the alternate site.  Ruining a year for LITERALLY less than 10 starts now is absolutly stupid.

21 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

You only burn the year of control if he's on the big league roster. If he's sent down for more than 15-ish days, you get that year of control back.

12 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Well Mercedes is hitting like . 500 and TLR is not here to develop players. Once Mercedes cools off Vaughn will play more but right now Mercedes is just blocking him. 

Sending him down now makes no sense either as there is no minor leagues till may. 

1 minute ago, Dominikk85 said:

Well Mercedes is hitting like . 500 and TLR is not here to develop players. Once Mercedes cools off Vaughn will play more but right now Mercedes is just blocking him. 

Sending him down now makes no sense either as there is no minor leagues till may. 

Wrong. Billy Hamiliton and Nick Williams appear to be blocking him... Sending him down gains control.  Why are we waisting his control sitting him on the bench.

Edited by Squirmin' for Yermin

2 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Wrong. Billy Hamiliton and Nick Williams appear to be blocking him... Sending him down gains control.  Why are we waisting his control sitting him on the bench.

Well he isn't sitting on the bench all the time, he has played half of the games. They can still send him down in May when there isn't an everyday spot for him by then. 

24 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

If Mercedes hasn't been as hot has he has I guarantee Vaughn would be DH more. But he should be in the lineup nearly every day, it is criminal to not have him in

1 minute ago, Steve9347 said:

This literally means nothing if you break it down. 

It means he thinks he has a better chance to win with Williams in LF than Andrew or Mercedes or Collins at DH . And that Andrew doesn't have enough experience yet but he will play dependent on how he matches up with the opposing pitcher. Doesn't seem that difficult to understand.

• Kalapse changed the title to Royals vs Sox 5:20pm Home Opener GT
  • Kyyle23 locked and unpinned this topic