Royals vs Sox 5:20pm Home Opener GT

4 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Of course but it's Mercedes who took advantage of the opportunity given to him. That might have something to do with his experience from his time in the minors.

Or...much more likely...its a product of a small sample size and guy who makes frequent contact, and he's more like a .250 hitter.  The Yermin start is awesome and I hope he keeps it up, but if he's hitting over .300 by mid-May I'd be astonished.  The Sox should absolutely ride him while it lasts, but Vaughn should be in LF the days Yermin is at DH.  We've been starting Billy Fucking Hamilton and Nick Fucking Williams.  Not exactly pieces of the future and guys who are incredibly unlikely to be in the organization in 30-60 days.  

Edited by ChiSox59
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

He hasn't in... what... 2 starts? 3 starts?

Awesome argument

Holy shit he's a rookie with one year in A ball and you who hasn't proved he can play a legitimate LF or hit MLB pitching  . That's so much better of an argument. Plus I gave you better arguments and didn't even bring up with Vaughn has done against RHP so maybe you should just stick with staying on point. 1st you didn't think it was a legit spot to start Williams and clearly it is and now you're going with some argument you think I made about how he's hit against RHP. You're all over the place.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Kalapse said:

And I fully acknowledge that Williams will get 2 hits tonight because everyone's bitching about him starting, that's just the way it works.

It's a tough position to be in to hope Williams goes 0-4 as proof that this experiment should end, while also hoping he hits and contributes so we can win a ballgame. 

5 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Or...much more likely...its a product of a small sample size and guy who makes frequent contact, and he's more like a .250 hitter.  The Yermin start is awesome and I hope he keeps it up, but if he's hitting over .300 by mid-May I'd be astonished.  The Sox should absolutely ride him while it lasts, but Vaughn should be in LF the days Yermin is at DH.  We've been starting Billy Fucking Hamilton and Nick Fucking Williams.  Not exactly pieces of the future and guys who are incredibly unlikely to be in the organization in 30-60 days.  

Very small sample size . Besides my only argument is it's Ok for a game because Keller got belted around by lefties in his one start. I thought it might be 50/50 on who got the start at DH since Collins is LH also. I agree with everything you said but we really need a win in our home opener and the Sox have to get a W against a RH starter. You can send Williams back to the minors for all I care if he doesn't provide a lift in his opportunities.

3 hours ago, Rowand44 said:

OPS last year against lefties was .887, against righties it was .749 and that's with Eloy having an .898 ops against righties.  It's still not the biggest sample size in the world but it's absolutely something people were worried about going into the season after Eloy got hurt and so far it's showed through.

.749 was slightly above league average OPS last season. So slightly above average against righties and top 2 against lefties sounds like enough offense “to contend” if the pitching is as good as anticipated.

10 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Holy shit he's a rookie with one year in A ball and you who hasn't proved he can play a legitimate LF or hit MLB pitching  . That's so much better of an argument. Plus I gave you better arguments and didn't even bring up with Vaughn has done against RHP so maybe you should just stick with staying on point. 1st you didn't think it was a legit spot to start Williams and clearly it is and now you're going with some argument you think I made about how he's hit against RHP. You're all over the place.

How am I all over? I don't need to argue or bring up Vaughn. Today it was either Vaughn or Williams. The dope chose Williams. There was an exact correlation

Speaking of exact correlation you are arguing RHP vs LHP because you are saying Vaughn isn't playing since he hasn't proven to be able to hit RHP's

• Kyyle23 locked and unpinned this topic