Contract extension for Yermin?

sin city sox fan

Just now, sin city sox fan said:

Any idea if the Sox have started negotiating a long term deal with Mercedes to buy out a couple years of free agency?    I’d love to see him retire in a White Sox jersey but I fear we won’t be able to keep him past arbitration years unless we get something done soon.

What? Oh wait.... your screen name is sin city... 

They gamed his service time so hard by keeping him down in 2019 and 2020. I'm starting to think they knew what they had in Yermin, but nobody would bat an eye at keeping him down, so they did. Hahn did Yermin dirty. 

If they didn't game him, I'd be all in favor of an extension.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, sin city sox fan said:

The closest hitter we’ve had to this caliber in my lifetime is Jose Abreu.   It would be nice to have Yermin around after Jose retires to give Trout some competition for MVP on a yearly basis.

Wow I didn't realize you were 10!

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, sin city sox fan said:

Any idea if the Sox have started negotiating a long term deal with Mercedes to buy out a couple years of free agency?    I’d love to see him retire in a White Sox jersey but I fear we won’t be able to keep him past arbitration years unless we get something done soon.

This is a joke right. He's 28.

4 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

He cleary isn't 10, don't be silly. You can't purchase the strong beverages he has consumed in sin city at that age. 

Well he clearly has to be, otherwise Lee, Maggs, Belle, and Thomas would also be on that list. 

so, You sir, stop being silly.  He is 10

Where have I seen this before?

On 4/18/2017 at 11:00 PM, sin city sox fan said:

With Avi becoming one of the best hitters in all of baseball, should we make the move now to secure him long term? I think we could get a good discount based upon his performance of the last several years. Perhaps something like 6 years / $72 million? $12 million a year could still be a steal for someone capable of winning a triple crown and he's still young enough to be an integral part of our team when the prospects mature. I know some may say I sound crazy......but you have to roll the dice sometimes and this may be a good time to gamble.

On 6/6/2019 at 11:02 AM, sin city sox fan said:

Absolutely sincere.   I can’t believe people continue to under estimate the abilities of Avi.   He came up young and struggled early but continues to get better.   He will win multiple MVP awards before he retires and certainly be enshrined in Cooperstown.   People lament the trading of Tatis Jr. but letting Avi walk for nothing will be viewed as a much larger mistake in the long term.

Y'all just cursed Yermin.

• Fire 8