Contract extension for Yermin?

sin city sox fan

10 hours ago, RTC said:

Gordon Beckham, Nicky Delmonico, and Tyler Saladino say hi. 

Brent Lillibridge ! 2011 age 27 hit 13 HR's in 186 AB's ,slugged .505 and became a Soxtalk legend with 2 catches in RF against the Yankees in the 9th with a runner on 2nd base to preserve a Sox win. He also hit the 10,000 HR in White Sox history that same year.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, pcq said:

If they could just lock Yurmi up through age 34 that would be increible. 

Unless someone else can show us otherwise, Yermin Mercedes is controllable for 6 years, according to this link.

As I understand stand it, he would be under pre-arbitration control for 3 years (perhaps 2 years, if he becomes a "super 2").

Thereafter, he would be salary arbitration eligible for the next 3 years.

Then, after 6 years' service on a MLB roster, Yermin Mercedes, at 34 years old, would be eligible to be a free agent.

Therefore, as I understand it, this thread, and the thought of "extending Yermin" is a complete and total non-starter. (Even setting aside that the league has yet to get a good scouting report on him and adjust their approach to him, therefore making it premature to assume that this is what Mercedes will be going forward.)

If anyone can show us differently about Mercedes' path to free agency to a significant degree from what I understand, I'd welcome their input.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Two-Gun Pete
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Two-Gun Pete said:

Unless someone else can show us otherwise, Yermin Mercedes is controllable for 6 years, according to this link.

As I understand stand it, he would be under pre-arbitration control for 3 years (perhaps 2 years, if he becomes a "super 2").

Thereafter, he would be salary arbitration eligible for the next 3 years.

Then, after 6 years' service on a MLB roster, Yermin Mercedes, at 34 years old, would be eligible to be a free agent.

Therefore, as I understand it, this thread, and the thought of "extending Yermin" is a complete and total non-starter. (Even setting aside that the league has yet to get a good scouting report on him and adjust their approach to him, therefore making it premature to assume that this is what Mercedes will be going forward.)

If anyone can show us differently about Mercedes' path to free agency to a significant degree from what I understand, I'd welcome their input.

Thanks in advance.

If you don’t think Yermin can still be a superstar into his 40s, you obviously haven’t been watching him.   Why let him walk and play the final 10 years of his career for another team?    Don’t you want him wearing a White Sox hat when he’s inducted into Cooperstown?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, SCCWS said:

Let's hope we don't lose our hottest hitter to dead-arm tomorrow 

Is he still our hottest hitter?  TA is that, probably.

Yermin has 1 multi-hit game in his last 8.  Hitting .259.  Still been pretty solid, but reality is showing its face.  

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Is he still our hottest hitter?  TA is that, probably.

Yermin has 1 multi-hit game in his last 8.  Hitting .259.  Still been pretty solid, but reality is showing its face.  

Even worse, Yermin's  ERA ballooned to 9 today. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, knightni said:

On the interesting side.  Yermin and Otani are the first players to ever be DH and pitcher as their first two positions.

Despite his roster listing with the White Sox, Yermin isn't yet qualified as a catcher on most fantasy league rosters.  Still listed as a utility guy.

Ironic now he can be a pitcher and utility guy but not behind the plate, where he would make an even bigger impact since defense is completely irrelevant.  Maybe it is appropriate, in a way...that they haven't even had him catch a single inning yet.

• Thanks 1