White Sox now 13th in attendance

caulfield12

https://www.espn.com/mlb/attendance

Pretty unsurprising the two Texas teams are leading the way.  

Numbers we will never (hopefully) see again, like Toronto with Dunedin/Buffalo.

Marlins have to be disappointed coming off a playoff appearance last year and taking out the Cubs.  Seems Washington and Boston have some of the tightest restrictions...plus Fenway has one of the smallest seating capacities.

Edited by caulfield12

15 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

There's a George Carlin joke in this thread somewhere about Caulfield.  Caufield, I love you man but just lol.

I was just following in the VAFAN positivity trend, lol.

I’m still waiting for him to write an impassioned defense of Nick Madrigal and how Sox fans are being too hard on him and Leury.

The last time we were as high as 17th was the 2010 season.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/attendance/_/year/2010

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

I was just following in the VAFAN positivity trend, lol.

I’m still waiting for him to write an impassioned defense of Nick Madrigal and how Sox fans are being too hard on him and Leury.

The last time we were as high as 17th was the 2010 season.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/attendance/_/year/2010

Bro, it's 1 game, with crazy restrictions for every team other than Texas.  Like, you might as well try and divide by zero.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Bro, it's 1 game, with crazy restrictions for every team other than Texas.  Like, you might as well try and divide by zero.

We just need to convince the local sportswriters to put the pressure on JR with headlines like this.  I know, fat chance, right?  He’ll retort that with ballpark staff, concessions and security he’s still losing tens of millions.

I mean, they were crowing about a 90% jump in tv ratings last year when they were starting with around a 0.9 share.

Amazing, our percentage increase was higher than any team in baseball!

Edited by caulfield12
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

We just need to convince the local sportswriters to put the pressure on JR with headlines like this.  I know, fat chance, right?  He’ll retort that with ballpark staff, concessions and security he’s still losing tens of millions.

I mean, they were crowing about a 90% jump in tv ratings last year when they were starting with around a 0.9 share.

Maybe you could write him a strongly worded letter.

7 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

God I hope we don't have a lot of off days .

https://weather.com/weather/hourbyhour/l/e0abde3003a88dedecad92fedc96375000c16843287a51dbf2cd92f062217180#detailIndex4

Make that two in a row...unless they were willing to wait and play at night time in April.

The exact peak is 2-3 p.m.   bag the game and push it back to later in the season when we can bring in more revenue for needed deadline trades. 

Edited by caulfield12

9 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

I will contract with WBWS (something like that) or whoever says he writes to JR about job prospects and used to get personalized responses.

Great idea!

JR stopped responding to my letters a few years ago. Its really a shame because I would have made a better GM than Hahn.

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1

12 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

I'm sure JR would feel his feet to the fire if this article came out after one game with Covid restrictions, just like he felt the pressure from the hundreds of other articles and letters and tweets and posts over the years.

14 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

I'm sure JR would feel his feet to the fire if this article came out after one game with Covid restrictions, just like he felt the pressure from the hundreds of other articles and letters and tweets and posts over the years.

Well, he might get complacent if he sees too many positive, overly contented White Sox fans...we’ve already fallen to 20th.  Thanks, Florida!

• 1 month later...

Neck and neck with Minnesota, 9078 vs. 9092 after yesterday.

14,629 biggest attendance of the year, obviously.

Have a good shot to jump all the way to 11th or 12th by the end of the weekend with increased capacity.  Every little bit (of revenue) helps, especially in differentiating yourself in the AL Central.

We had 14k yesterday? Looked like a lot more - maybe that's just how long it's been since it seemed normal. We can have like 22-24k right? Hopefully we can fill up the 60% at least .... 

If all was normal in the world & with last years results i'd hope we could get 26-30k consistently. 

17 minutes ago, Kalapse said:

I know this was stupidly created at the beginning of the season but we really don't need a fucking attendance thread.

Agreed.  Its really hard to make any informed assertions about attendance when each park has limited capacities except for a few and those number vary city to city.  Sox being 16th in attendance means absolutely nothing at this point.  

• Like 1