White Sox now 13th in attendance

caulfield12

15 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Agreed.  Its really hard to make any informed assertions about attendance when each park has limited capacities except for a few and those number vary city to city.  Sox being 16th in attendance means absolutely nothing at this point.  

It's not instructive but it is embarrassing! The 2021 White Sox Attendance thread from the same guy who's single handedly keeping the Tatis Jr. thread alive, all the most embarrassing Sox fan behavior brought to you by a bored troll in China.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Kalapse said:

It's not instructive but it is embarrassing! The 2021 White Sox Attendance thread from the same guy who's single handedly keeping the Tatis Jr. thread alive, all the most embarrassing Sox fan behavior brought to you by a bored troll in China.

Why do you never post in game threads if you care so much about the team?

The White Sox will have a competitive advantage now for the coming weeks in terms of their ability to generate more revenue.  Such a terrible thing to point out!

Number three, I remember being promised “unprecedented financial flexibility.”  If the fans don’t deserve a bigger payroll, why are we just supposed to be satisfied with whatever we receive?

Number four, I wrote on more than one one occasion that you could erase that Tatis thread, but it wasn’t started by me.

Number five, I can’t even leave China and return from the US with my son since he can’t be vaccinated, and I would face a 28 day hard quarantine, impossible to find rental cars, higher gas prices, no home to return to since the house had to be sold to pay $4500 USD per month (already going on three plus years) because my mom is 92 and suffers from dementia/Alzheimer’s...so even that money will run out in another 3-4 years.  I really enjoy being the only child with my mom in the US, my father passed away in 1999 and facing the possibility of losing my family and job if I do return to the US from China, not to mention being forced to get a largely untested Chinese vaccine (Sinopharm) that Abu Dhabi, Dubai, and UAE are already requiring six month booster shots because of lower efficacy rates.  And yeah, I certainly enjoyed being a firsthand witness to tens of thousands dying, including friends, neighbors and coworkers who got sick and a few who had to return to the US under emergency flights. 

Number Six, then we also have to erase the Kelenic Thread because that is also trolling the White Sox for not selecting the local Wisconsin kid, except he’s proving it is not so easy to light the world on fire right out of the gate.

Number Seven, we’ve been getting trolled by JR and Rick Hahn for over a decade now.  See the “satisfied with second place and elevated profits” thread from last year.

Number Eight, let’s see you “walk the walk”  and post more consistently in game threads.  I can manage to wake up between 1-8am here in China when I have a wife and family and work that subsequent day...

Number Nine, last time I checked, Tatis is in the NL and not a direct threat unless we play them in the World Series.  I didn’t trade him.  It’s not my fault he is one of the most entertaining players to watch in the game...so I should be sore, bitter and ignore him even though I follow every team in baseball for fantasy leagues because the GM of my favorite team admitted for the only time in his life to being an idiot for trading him?  Okay then...

Let’s erase the Tatis and Kelenic Threads.  Go ahead, or at least lock them.  As I said before Moan4Yoan started one of those...but haven’t seen him for ages.  While we’re at it, we can get rid of Dunning and anyone questioning or belittling Tony La Russa, well, just because they’re not good enough fans, either.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, caulfield12 said:

Why do you never post in game threads if you care so much about the team?

The White Sox will have a competitive advantage now for the coming weeks in terms of their ability to generate more revenue.  Such a terrible thing to point out!

Number three, I remember being promised “unprecedented financial flexibility.”  If the fans don’t deserve a bigger payroll, why are we just supposed to be satisfied with whatever we receive?

Number four, I wrote on more than one one occasion that you could erase that Tatis thread, but it wasn’t started by me.

Number five, I can’t even leave China and return from the US with my son since he can’t be vaccinated, and I would face a 28 day hard quarantine, impossible to find rental cars, higher gas prices, no home to return to since the house had to be sold to pay $4500 USD per month (already going on three plus years) because my mom is 92 and suffers from dementia/Alzheimer’s...so even that money will run out in another 3-4 years.  I really enjoy being the only child with my mom in the US, my father passed away in 1999 and facing the possibility of losing my family and job if I do return to the US from China, not to mention being forced to get a largely untested Chinese vaccine (Sinopharm) that Abu Dhabi, Dubai, and UAE are already requiring six month booster shots because of lower efficacy rates.  And yeah, I certainly enjoyed being a firsthand witness to tens of thousands dying, including friends, neighbors and coworkers who got sick and a few who had to return to the US under emergency flights. 

Number Six, then we also have to erase the Kelenic Thread because that is also trolling the White Sox for not selecting the local Wisconsin kid, except he’s proving it is not so easy to light the world on fire right out of the gate.

Number Seven, we’ve been getting trolled by JR and Rick Hahn for over a decade now.  See the “satisfied with second place and elevated profits” thread from last year.

Number Eight, let’s see you “walk the walk”  and post more consistently in game threads.  I can manage to wake up between 1-8am here in China when I have a wife and family and work that subsequent day...

Number Nine, last time I checked, Tatis is in the NL and not a direct threat unless we play them in the World Series.  I didn’t trade him.  It’s not my fault he is one of the most entertaining players to watch in the game...so I should be sore, bitter and ignore him even though I follow every team in baseball for fantasy leagues because the GM of my favorite team admitted for the only time in his life to being an idiot for trading him?  Okay then...

Let’s erase the Tatis and Kelenic Threads.  Go ahead, or at least lock them.  As I said before Moan4Yoan started one of those...but haven’t seen him for ages.  While we’re at it, we can get rid of Dunning and anyone questioning or belittling Tony La Russa, well, just because they’re not good enough fans, either.

Really, you think my not posting in game threads is some kind of gotcha? Game threads are the absolute worst thing about this site, any long time member would agree, they capture all the pure, reactionary thoughts of the most vocal members of the fanbase, why in god's name would I want to read that? Hell, I asked for game threads to be posted earlier because I like posting in and reading them before the game starts, once it gets going I check out. It's the same reason I don't read White Sox twitter: because I actually do love the team and reading all the the worst thoughts from the fans is not going to embolden that love.

I'm not going to go point by point with you, you've in no way earned that. We don't need a 2021 attendance thread in order to talk about increased revenue streams or holding the front office accountable, there's plenty of threads for that already and new ones to be created that aren't specifically for tracking the White Sox's attendance ranking during a pandemic affected season, we've been keeping the Pritzker thread alive for while now. Your "what-aboutism" on the Kelenic thread means nothing to me, it is a fact that you're keeping the Tatis thread alive, I'm not going to stop you by closing it, you're a big boy who can make his own decisions but I will point out on occasion that you're doing it and that it's sad. You don't need to ignore him, you could just, I don't know, not bump the thread devoted specifically to him especially when no one seems to want to join you in your teeth gnashing over a 5 year old trade of a guy who never played affiliated ball with the team. Rick Hahn is not going to be disciplined or fired over the Tatis trade, time to get over it, you're not holding anyone accountable, you're just making yourself miserable.

I only brought up your being in China because it's funny that the dude who's exhibiting Sox fan stereotypes the most on this site just happens to live out of country, no idea why that elicited a thorough rundown of your situation, I'm sorry you're going through some things, we all are, I don't really care.

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

51 minutes ago, Kalapse said:

Really, you think my not posting in game threads is some kind of gotcha? Game threads are the absolute worst thing about this site, any long time member would agree, they capture all the pure, reactionary thoughts of the most vocal members of the fanbase, why in god's name would I want to read that? Hell, I asked for game threads to be posted earlier because I like posting in and reading them before the game starts, once it gets going I check out. It's the same reason I don't read White Sox twitter: because I actually do love the team and reading all the the worst thoughts from the fans is not going to embolden that love.

I'm not going to go point by point with you, you've in no way earned that. We don't need a 2021 attendance thread in order to talk about increased revenue streams or holding the front office accountable, there's plenty of threads for that already and new ones to be created that aren't specifically for tracking the White Sox's attendance ranking during a pandemic affected season, we've been keeping the Pritzker thread alive for while now. Your "what-aboutism" on the Kelenic thread means nothing to me, it is a fact that you're keeping the Tatis thread alive, I'm not going to stop you by closing it, you're a big boy who can make his own decisions but I will point out on occasion that you're doing it and that it's sad. You don't need to ignore him, you could just, I don't know, not bump the thread devoted specifically to him especially when no one seems to want to join you in your teeth gnashing over a 5 year old trade of a guy who never played affiliated ball with the team. Rick Hahn is not going to be disciplined or fired over the Tatis trade, time to get over it, you're not holding anyone accountable, you're just making yourself miserable.

I only brought up your being in China because it's funny that the dude who's exhibiting Sox fan stereotypes the most on this site just happens to live out of country, no idea why that elicited a thorough rundown of your situation, I'm sorry you're going through some things, we all are, I don't really care.

Why would Tatis make me miserable, that’s ridiculous.  He’s fun to watch, period.  One day, I hope Luis Robert can consistently bring the same joy...heck, I’m even excited for Burger, because there’s not much else at the minor league level until we get to watch Cespedes, Colas and our other young Cuban pitcher stateside.

He, Ohtani, Acuna, Soto, TA7, etc., are the face of the game for the next generation.  Doesn’t matter what we feel about that.  It’s coming from ESPN and the MLB Network and national/intl. sportswriters.

I feel more sorry for those who seem to want him to be injury prone, to miss the entire season due to surgery, plagued by fielding errors, an albatross contract, etc.  He’s not the one who did anything to the White Sox.  He cried for 2-3 days straight when they traded him, he wanted so desperately to make the big leagues for the White Sox...every member of his extended family had already purchased tons of White Sox gear in 2015-2016 anticipating his future with them.  I’d even venture to argue that he is the player he is today because that trade motivated him to prove those who traded him (certainly not Paddy, because Paddy is tight with Tatis, Sr., and KW) wrong as can be.  It’s the same burning ambition that pushed Clemente to be the greatest Latin player in the game when the Dodgers tried to hide him in Montreal and hardly ever played him when scouts were in attendance...but that couldn’t prevent the Pirates scouting from discovering his potential despite the Dodgers almost deliberately sabotaging his future because baseball players were treated like human chattel before the Curt Flood decision.

The only way for baseball to survive is for the small and mid market teams to remain viable.   Fans in Seattle at least now have hope, or Miami with Jazz Chisholm.  The Brewers have three of the top pitchers in baseball.   The Rays, A’s and Indians can best anyone on a given night.  A minority GM is the executive of the year so far in SF.  Toronto fans are excited, etc. 

Since I’m quite obviously the only one who cares about Tatis on this board, close the thread if there’s a lack of interest in his highlights.  It’s quite simple to do.   The world will still go on, just as baseball has managed to somehow move beyond Yasiel Puig quite easily.  The sport is always going to be bigger than individual players, and always will.

So it’s not teeth gnashing.  One way or the other, one of my two favorite teams will win a World Series in the next five or six years.

Maybe you can start an Elijah Tatis or Daniel Fernando Tatis (catcher) thread...since they have been talked about quite frequently on this site at FutureSox.

2 hours ago, YoYoIsMyHero said:

Nothing better than people clowning on a guy then immediately hitting a bomb or saying a starter looks like shit in the 1st inning and then they go 7IP with <2ER

It’s pretty much guaranteed. I said Grandal can’t walk in runs a couple weeks ago and like two innings late he walked with the bases loaded.😂

Edited by Vulture

https://www.espn.com/mlb/attendance

Passed Washington today, 15,457 per game to 15,418.

It won’t happen until next season, but the Sox are posed to dominate the Cubs the next 3-5 years on this front and possibly beyond with many of the Wrigley favorites on the verge of being traded away and Rossy no longer as “cute” with a sub .500 team.

31 home games and 37 road games remaining…

Notable series are NY in mid August (incl. Field of Dreams), the Cubs, Boston, LAA (Trout/Ohtani), Cincy (2)

Also, 11 consecutive road games from September 18th through the 30th, including five at Cleve.

18 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

https://www.espn.com/mlb/attendance

Passed Washington today, 15,457 per game to 15,418.

It won’t happen until next season, but the Sox are posed to dominate the Cubs the next 3-5 years on this front and possibly beyond with many of the Wrigley favorites on the verge of being traded away and Rossy no longer as “cute” with a sub .500 team.

31 home games and 37 road games remaining…

Notable series are NY in mid August (incl. Field of Dreams), the Cubs, Boston, LAA (Trout/Ohtani), Cincy (2)

Also, 11 consecutive road games from September 18th through the 30th, including five at Cleve.

On TV the crowds against the Stros looked as packed as I've seen in years for a mid summers night game, weekend or otherwise.

Also did not expect to read that @Kalapse post from May when I waded in here.

I think more important than the attendance count is the average price per ticket / total revenue.

The Sox are getting packed stadiums, and charging a lot more per game than during the tanking, when tickets were really cheap for most games (many discounts, $5 or $10 seats). I went to 8 games at $3 per game (weekday April/May/September) from a special offers in 2019, sure others got great deals as well. 

It's obvious the Sox are comfortable both with remaining ticket revenue this year, and anticipated increases in 2022 season ticket and general ticket sales, to increase payroll to $160M with the Lynn signing. If they give Rodon a qualifying offer and or sign him or others, they can jack up payroll significantly more. If they reach or win the WS, I'd anticipate a $180 + payroll, with all the 2022 season tickets they can sell guaranteeing WS tickets like they did in 2005.

I'm glad the Sox fans choosing to go this year are having a great time, and the team is improving when it was touch and go through June with the restrictions, which still may return this Fall / next year.

26 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

I think more important than the attendance count is the average price per ticket / total revenue.

The Sox are getting packed stadiums, and charging a lot more per game than during the tanking, when tickets were really cheap for most games (many discounts, $5 or $10 seats). I went to 8 games at $3 per game (weekday April/May/September) from a special offers in 2019, sure others got great deals as well. 

It's obvious the Sox are comfortable both with remaining ticket revenue this year, and anticipated increases in 2022 season ticket and general ticket sales, to increase payroll to $160M with the Lynn signing. If they give Rodon a qualifying offer and or sign him or others, they can jack up payroll significantly more. If they reach or win the WS, I'd anticipate a $180 + payroll, with all the 2022 season tickets they can sell guaranteeing WS tickets like they did in 2005.

I'm glad the Sox fans choosing to go this year are having a great time, and the team is improving when it was touch and go through June with the restrictions, which still may return this Fall / next year.

Guessing $160-169 million is going to be the range unless they get to the ALCS or World Series. That's still an increase of $30+ million.  ALCS $170's, World Series $180's. 

6 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

That last line scares me. But I wouldn't be shocked. You see it in LA, you see it Vegas? I thought i read vegas at least. Chicago is such a high profile city that I feel like they're always on the aggressive side of any policy. I really, really hope we don't see 50% capacity again, but the steam is picking up ... dont take away our fun!

19 minutes ago, BrianAnderson said:

That last line scares me. But I wouldn't be shocked. You see it in LA, you see it Vegas? I thought i read vegas at least. Chicago is such a high profile city that I feel like they're always on the aggressive side of any policy. I really, really hope we don't see 50% capacity again, but the steam is picking up ... dont take away our fun!

Jacksonville Florida is today expected to pass their hospitalization record from January and 21% of their tests are coming back positive which is a high point in the pandemic for them. Because baseball is outside I would expect the health department to be lenient, but let’s guess that somewhere around that level would be the point they decide they have no choice because full hospitals trigger crisis procedures.

As of right now, Cook County is reporting 68% of people with 1 shot, and 64% in the full metro area. Jacksonville is at 48%. So you’ve got a good head start at limiting an explosion like Jacksonville, but yeah everything anyone can do to get that rate a little higher helps keep everything open.

Because of the lack of vaccination in the southern part of the state, Florida and Illinois are basically tied in vaccination rate, and southern Illinois is close to a hotspot in Missouri that could feed new cases. A surge in cases there might not trigger anything in the city, but it’s not something you’d prefer to risk.