Farm ranking POST-2021

Jerksticks

11 hours ago, Jerksticks said:

Where do you see the Sox’ farm ranking next offseason, assuming a full minor league slate goes down as planned?

Popular opinion is it’s weak after these graduations.  

I’m going bold and think it’ll be top 5 again.  

I think some guys will pop for sure but it's probably still a bottom 10 system after graduations. 

19 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

I think some guys will pop for sure but it's probably still a bottom 10 system after graduations. 

It depends on those 4-5 starting pitching prospects (including our new Cuban hurler, Vera)...moving like guys such as Hudson and McCarthy over 2-3 levels in past years.  Then there’s Lambert and Stiever.

Other than Burger/Sheets and the usual OF suspects, not much to be excited about in AA/AAA.

Lots of interesting pieces, but nothing that looks close to automatic.

Then Cespedes and eventually Colas should give a slight boost if they come quickly.

LaRussa seemed to be quite high on catcher Carlos Perez, in particular.  Could be a late bloomer and backup catcher someday.  Still just 24 but lots of time in the minors where he had struggled to put up more than a 650ish OPS.

http://www.thebaseballcube.com/players/profile.asp?ID=190178

Edited by caulfield12

12 hours ago, Jerksticks said:

Where do you see the Sox’ farm ranking next offseason, assuming a full minor league slate goes down as planned?

Popular opinion is it’s weak after these graduations.  

I’m going bold and think it’ll be top 5 again.  

Being bold <> making baseball claims.  There is zero reason think this will be a top five farm system after Vaughn, Kopech, Crochet, & Madrigal graduate...none whatsoever

Obviously the system takes a hit with the graduations of Kopech, Vaughn, Madrigal, and Crotchet, and even if they do somehow rank bottom 10, I just don't get it

Kelley was a steal and should be top 100 with Stiever, Thompson, and Dalquist just outside it
Is Cespedes a top 100 guy?
Colas will be in a few months

That plus a new draft class and some low level sleepers that haven't been seen in 2 years? (Bush, Gladney, Krogman, etc), AND whatever's left of Rutherford, Adolfo, Sheets

I just don't view that

Granted, I was bigger on the system during some dark days, until they got overly dark/talentless

Can't wait to start following these guys

22 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Being bold <> making baseball claims.  There is zero reason think this will be a top five farm system after Vaughn, Kopech, Crochet, & Madrigal graduate...none whatsoever

Not sure Rick Hahn’s own PR firm would make that kind of claim with a straight face...it’s about like saying the Bears will have a Pro Bowl QB in the next three seasons, simply wishing it into existence.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Like 1