Royals vs Sox Sunday Matinee...1:10 pm CST First Pitch

Going to be a chilly 50 degrees, but it should be dry for the game today!

Dylan Cease is on the bump for our guys; Mike Minor is on the bump for their guys.

Which Dylan will we see today? Hoping to see him work quickly and get into a rhythm...lots of Ks and less BBs

Bullpen has gotten 3 full days of rest, so everyone should be available.

Also, for those who missed it, Saturday's game has been postponed to Friday, May 14th and will be a split doubleheader. 

Let's play ball!!!!!

Edited by ScooterMcGee
  • Like 1

Cease's games are the most interesting to me here in the early going, he has the most boom or bust out of anyone in our rotation. Definitely excited for this one!

On the flip side, Keuchel is my least favorite starter because he has nowhere to go but down. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

Should have skipped Cease and started Rodon today. Just sticking with the rotation and not thinking outside the box is very Ricky-ish.

Eh cease needs to sink or swim and get innings so I have no problem with this move from TLR.  Sooner Sox figure out if Cease can contribute or not the better.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

Should have skipped Cease and started Rodon today. Just sticking with the rotation and not thinking outside the box is very Ricky-ish.

No need to think outside the box.. That's just another way of saying I'm a clueless fan. Cease has to pitch. Everyone has a few extra days of rest . It's a long season after a short season. Cease is going to be in the rotation and he needs his time to make  the adjustments that Katz gave him in actual games. That takes repetition until it becomes second nature, not skipping starts.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

Leury leading off is the biggest indictment on the offseason yet. Good lord.

I think it’s a bigger indictment of La Russa’s old school tendencies to put a fast guy first.  At least Leury is decent against LHP, but still would bat him lower in the lineup.

Has Tony moved from wine to crack?

On what planet does Leury, bat lead off? And why is “Everyday” Grandal off again, after two off days and Collins catches again against a LHP?

1. CF Robert
  2. C Grandal #
  3. 1B Abreu
  4. 3B Moncada #
  5. DH Mercedes
  6. LF Vaughn
  7. RF Garcia #
  8. SS Mendick
  9. 2B Madrigal

Edited by South Side Hit Men
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

Obviously injuries are the reason, but that lineup looks kinda 2018ish...

Even with injuries, and assuming these are the only nine players available, Leury should be batting 7-9. 

Robert should bat lead off among those nine, but I’d be fine with Madrigal or even Mendick over Garcia batting first.

This is Delmonico clean up bad.

5 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

The two most egregious decisions are starting Collins over Grandal against a lefty despite two straight days off and facing a righty tomorrow and then leading off Leury over several better options.

Based on TLR's press conferences I think his lineups are set days in advance without looking at matchups. Which is why he tells us things like Vaughn will play Saturday, Nick will play Thursday. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

Based on TLR's press conferences I think his lineups are set days in advance without looking at matchups. Which is why he tells us things like Vaughn will play Saturday, Nick will play Thursday. 

And apparently the batteries are setup days in advance with no flexibility:

8 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

hTLR playing 4D chess on you folks, such a genius. Garcia leading off means he can't hit into as many double plays. 

Maybe the stat guru in the FO  knew Leury is hitting over .300 this year when leading off and Madrigal .000..........................................  

49 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Lineup posted:

1. Garcia, RF#
  2. Robert, CF
  3. Abreu, 1B
  4. Moncada, 3B#
  5. Mercedes, DH
  6. Vaughn, LF
  7. Collins, C*
  8. Madrigal, 2B
  9. Mendick, SS

Meh, I'm not all that worried about the lineup.

This game, and this season rests largely on the ability for Cease to throw strikes, and consume innings, full stop. Its set up nicely for him today against this particular opponent. Here's your chance to rise above your heretofore career of mediocrity, Dylan.

And heres hoping that Cease can deliver the goods today.

12 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

And apparently the batteries are setup days in advance with no flexibility:

I wonder if only certain pitchers want to pitch to collins. I do like giving grandal a few more days off and keeping him fresh as he is 32 (I think 115-120 games caught is good for him),  but play collins against righties please.