Royals vs Sox Sunday Matinee...1:10 pm CST First Pitch

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Two total appearances prior to tonight...pitching once every 4.5 days.  Not Tony’s fault he couldn’t use him the last two days, but he certainly could have used him a lot more in the opening two series.  And I literally just said I’m not giving Liam a free pass, but La Russa’s handling of him has been horrendous this year and multiple people can be held accountable when things go south.

When your highly paid, fresh closer comes into a clean 9th inning, against the Royals, at home, with the lead.......I simply will not pin any percentage of Liam Hendricks giving up a HR to Santana on Tony LaRussa. It's 100% on Liam Hendricks. It wasn't on a lucky bounce, it wasn't on an error, it wasn't on a seeing-eye single. He made a terrible pitch. It's happened too many times already for Liam. And this isn't some guy just learning the ropes of being in a bullpen. It's OK to have higher expectations for different players. 

Lastly, I'd be curious how much of the blame, privately, Liam Hendricks would place on Tony LaRussa for him blowing that save. My guess would also be 0. 

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, fathom said:

I never want to see Yoan bat 4th again vs LHP.

His pop up with Robert on 3rd and 1 out was so pathetic. I don't remember the last time I saw a hitter swing at a 90 MPH fastball middle/middle and pop it up as weakly as he did.

You can't score many runs with a line-up that includes a struggling Moncada, then Mendick, Madrigal, Leury and Collins.

But you have to be able to close out a game like this if you are making thousands of dollars for every pitch .

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

This loss is on Hendriks. You are suppose to shut the door and he didn't. Anyone blaming La Russa is senile.

I'm wrong a lot, believe me. Sometimes there is a lot of grey area and that is leads to good discussion. Other times things are painfully obvious. 

This one is the latter. 

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

You’re not going to win enough games in AL if half your lineup can’t hit a ball over the fence.

True, but the fact remains that you're not going to homer every game. They did get one homer this game and still lost. Gotta find a way to win 3-2, 4-3 games.

2 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Also I'd like to see how much this ump hosed us on calls at the plate. He consistently gave that inside strike to the Royals. Not to mention his missed call on a slider right down the middle. 

If this doesn't stop the sox just need to walk off the field and quit.  

Just now, maloney.adam said:

It’s been a very disappointing start to the season for sure but I’m not throwing in the towel yet. It’s still really early. 

Some people here had the towel thrown in after in the 1st game 

This team is not going to be a playoff team.

I know it's way too early to say that for sure, but so far there's no real difference between this team and what we have been trotting out for the last 10+ years. I don't want to hear about "talent;" yes, this team has it. But if you can't develop it then it doesn't matter. Same stupid approach we have seen for years still on full display.

People who can't understand the "negativity" would appear to not have been absorbing what they have been seeing for years. What realistic expectation is there for it to change?

1 minute ago, RagahRagah said:

This team is not going to be a playoff team.

I know it's way too early to say that for sure, but so far there's no real difference between this team and what we have been trotting out for the last 10+ years. I don't want to hear about "talent;" yes, this team has it. But if you can't develop it then it doesn't matter. Same stupid approach we have seen for years still on full display.

People who can't understand the "negativity" would appear to not have been absorbing what they have been seeing for years. What realistic expectation is there for it to change?

Yep time for a rebuild 

Let's be honest, in 90% of organizations Vaughn and Crochet wouldn't be pushed so quickly. Crochet has been fine, mostly, everything speeds up in tie games late.  

The Royals have always been a team that puts the ball in play and forces you to execute, not unlike the Twins of old. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, JoeyCoralFanClub said:

Can Anderson also pitch in the bullpen? Half the bullpen are absolute gas cans right now.

Bummer can't throw strikes, Heuer has some control issues as well, Foster can't fool anyone anymore, Marshall can't throw strikes and is extremely hittable, and Hendriks has already given up 2 homers this year (probably more than he gave up all of last season). I know bullpens are volatile...but damn.

I’m surprised more people aren’t irked about the Madrigal call. If you can just throw a ball off the back of some ones head to get both an out and a dead ball, stopping a runner from advancing, why not throw a ball off the back of someone’s head all the time? Umps totally screwed the sox in this game

Just now, JoeyCoralFanClub said:

Can Anderson also pitch in the bullpen? Half the bullpen are absolute gas cans right now.

The whole team is choking.  Terrible clutch hitting, bad defense and inconsistent bullpen.   TLR hasn't exactly been good either.   Add in shit umps and there you go.  The home plate ump today seriously needs the shit kicked out of him.

• Like 1