Royals vs Sox Sunday Matinee...1:10 pm CST First Pitch

3 minutes ago, southsideirish71 said:

2019 looks like an outlier than the norm for Moncada.

He wasn't ever going to get a BABIP near .400 ever again. But then again, he's also hitting the ball nowhere near as hard as he did in 2019.

1 minute ago, Vulture said:

I’m surprised more people aren’t irked about the Madrigal call. If you can just throw a ball off the back of some ones head to get both an out and a dead ball, stopping a runner from advancing, why not throw a ball off the back of someone’s head all the time? Umps totally screwed the sox in this game

He was out for avoiding the tag

8 minutes ago, southsideirish71 said:

2019 looks like an outlier than the norm for Moncada.

He was doing his most damage batting 2nd in the lineup. Maybe move him back there and try to get him going.

Eaton 9 / Moncada 5 / Abreu 3 / Mercedes DH / Grandal 2 / Robert 8 / Vaughn 7 / Mendick 6 / Madrigal 4

1 minute ago, Vulture said:

Pitching gave up three runs despite getting screwed by umps. Pitching wasn’t the problem

But it has been one almost the whole way so far. And the Ump hasn't nothing to do with how bad Hendriks was today. Not that Liam is a core source of the problem, don't get me wrong.

Edited by RagahRagah

15 minutes ago, RagahRagah said:

This team is not going to be a playoff team.

I know it's way too early to say that for sure, but so far there's no real difference between this team and what we have been trotting out for the last 10+ years.

Meathead take of the season and it's only April 11th.  Well done, sir.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, RagahRagah said:

This team is not going to be a playoff team.

I know it's way too early to say that for sure, but so far there's no real difference between this team and what we have been trotting out for the last 10+ years. I don't want to hear about "talent;" yes, this team has it. But if you can't develop it then it doesn't matter. Same stupid approach we have seen for years still on full display.

People who can't understand the "negativity" would appear to not have been absorbing what they have been seeing for years. What realistic expectation is there for it to change?

Ban bet?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mmmmmbeeer said:

Meathead take of the season and it's only April 11th.  Well done, sir.

Such a meathead take it's already been going on for several years, if not decades. Using deductive reasoning is the opposite of being a "meathead."

1 minute ago, RagahRagah said:

Ban bet for what? 

And don't you have a bad reputation with that sort of thing?

For what he quote bolded you. that Sox won't be a playoff team. I know reading comprehension must be hard with all the pessimism blinding your vision.