Royals vs Sox Sunday Matinee...1:10 pm CST First Pitch

4 minutes ago, DoUEvenShift said:

For what he quote bolded you. that Sox won't be a playoff team. I know reading comprehension must be hard with all the pessimism blinding your vision. 

Reading comprehension is a general struggle around here. I'm not special. For instance, the constant failure for people here to understand the difference between "pessimism" and realism. A lot of you really do live by the definition of insanity. "It's only the beginning of the season! Stop being so pessimistic! Just wait until *insert time period here*!" Yeah, been hearing the same shit for years.

And no. I don't really care to "bet." If I'm wrong I will be happy. But I see little reason to think I will be.

Edited by RagahRagah

1 minute ago, HOFHurt35 said:

Madrigal is so overmatched at this level, in every aspect of the game.   It's hard to watch. 

At this point, if his ceiling is Yolmer call that win.    I don't care about the small sample size. 

wat

The guy is .380 career OBP. The biggest issue has been his defense. He's like exact opposite of Yolmer

• Like 2

Saying that this team is not a playoff team is a bit premature and an overreaction at this point in the season. Look at the Yankees, the Rays and the Blue Jays record. They all have the same record as the Sox right now. There are some teams that are just playing out of this world right now and out of character. One of them happens to be KC. 

Edited by maloney.adam

I can't believe how much better spent 54 million could have been in the outfield. We're still acting like a class B organization, afraid of it's own players, and also afraid to follow up initial investments intelligently. Eloy should have been and would have been replaced in left already with a legitimate outfielder if this was the Yankees. And Maybe the Yankees would have spent 54 million on a closer, but I believe they would have spent their energy on priorities first.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

Saying that this team is not a playoff team is a bit premature and an overreaction at this point in the season. Look at the Yankees, the Rays and the Blue Jays record. They all have the same record as the Sox right now. There are some teams that are just playing out of this world right now and out of character. One of them happens to be KC. 

I dunno about the Jays but the Yankees and to an extent the Rays have a history of good scouting, management, development and winning. There is a clear difference.

Whereas we fall flat on our faces year after year and yet people keep forgetting that the same shit happens year after year... largely in part due to the fact that this organization has almost no track record with any of those things.

Talent doesn't matter if you can't develop and harness it. 

Edited by RagahRagah
  • Like 1

There wasn't much movement on Hendriks gopher ball. Easy to critique in hindsight, but I question the pitch selection.

The bottom line is that he should  not have thrown a low strike to to a power hitter in a tie game in the 9th. That was in his wheel house.

19 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

Madrigal is so overmatched at this level, in every aspect of the game.   It's hard to watch. 

At this point, if his ceiling is Yolmer call that win.    I don't care about the small sample size. 

I was afraid he would be overpowered at the plate actually. He does have a great eye, but I thinkin essence in the long run, he willbe overpowered by being only moderately productive 

4 hours ago, Chick Mercedes said:

I can't believe how much better spent 54 million could have been in the outfield. We're still acting like a class B organization, afraid of it's own players, and also afraid to follow up initial investments intelligently. Eloy should have been and would have been replaced in left already with a legitimate outfielder if this was the Yankees. And Maybe the Yankees would have spent 54 million on a closer, but I believe they would have spent their energy on priorities first.

I wish Sox would give my fave prospect, Rutherford, a chance. He may stink, but I have hopes for him someday.

39 minutes ago, greg775 said:

I wish Sox would give my fave prospect, Rutherford, a chance. He may stink, but I have hopes for him someday.

Not sure that isn’t a better idea than Vaughn. Right now, Vaughn the White Sox’ Patrick Williams. It would be one thing if Vaughn had a track record of production as a professional baseball player. We’re shoving these guys lije Vaughn and Garcia into the lineup like there is a good reason to.