Sox vs Indians, Monday April 12th, 7pm

smalls2598

Just now, TheFutureIsNear said:

Might be unpopular but I hate Robert in the 2 hole. I’d switch him with Moncada. Let Yoan use his patience to work the pitcher and  get on base at the top of the order and let Robert swing away for RBI’s at cleanup

They're trying to get Robert more fastballs right now by putting him in the 2 hole. I'm skeptical how much that works in the modern game, but that's the logic.

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

McKenzie is really good. I like him in the future more than Plesac for this team. I think McKenzie could be a star if he stays healthy.

I really am jealous of Cleveland's ability to draft/develop pitchers.  It's like a friggin assembly line of starting pitching.

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

They're trying to get Robert more fastballs right now by putting him in the 2 hole. I'm skeptical how much that works in the modern game, but that's the logic.

yeah, leadoff or #2 will do that...but he just isn't hitting fastballs. 

3 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Yeah not buying that either...Robert would have to counter with the ability to draw walks consistently before that happens. He’s going to have to either hit the slider or lay off of it for pitchers to not keep throwing it, no signs of either yet. Not like most pitchers are incapable of throwing sliders for strikes 

Edited by TheFutureIsNear

1 minute ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

Yeah not buying that either...Robert would have to counter with the ability to draw walks consistently before that happens. He’s going to have to either hit the slider or lay off of it for pitchers to not keep throwing it, no signs of either yet. 

Robert has a walk rate near 10%. That's not bad at all. He's aggressive but he'll take a walk.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run