Sox vs Indians, Monday April 12th, 7pm

smalls2598

If we put the Keuchel, Grandal, Bummer and Jimenez contracts on waivers, wonder how many takers there would be to assume or absorb 100% the responsibility for those current deals?

Jimenez for sure, because they could buy out of the last two years of options at $6 million.

Even Moncada and Robert are not exactly "sure things."

It has taken Buxton, for example, the better part of 5-6 seasons to put together an MVP quality start to a season.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Haha 5

Just now, caulfield12 said:

If we put the Keuchel, Grandal, Bummer and Jimenez contracts on waivers, wonder how many takers there would be to assume or absorb 100% the responsibility for those current deals?

Jimenez for sure, because they could buy out of the last two years of options at $6 million.

It has taken Buxton, for example, the better part of 5-6 seasons to put together an MVP quality start.

Is this a joke? Every single one but Keuchel gets claimed probably immediately

6 minutes ago, fathom said:

You can tell he’s in love with his slider.  He’s garbage so far this year 

it makes no sense. guys mlb career literally took off when he STOPPED throwing it. it can't just be him who wants to throw it. it has to be a part of his plan for this year.

take the best sinker ball in baseball by a mile and throw it less. brilliant! sinker is a feel pitch too so that's been effected by the less usage imo. When Britton's sinker was as dominant as a sinker has been he threw it 94-95%. You don't mess around with garbage off speed when you're throwing a bowling ball up to the plate at 97 mph.

15 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

I miss Carlton Fisk.

I miss Yogi Bera.

12 minutes ago, YourWhatHurts said:

Sox obviously are horseshit but otoh it sure is a pleasure to listen to the best tandem in the booth that the Sox could make in Kasper and Stone.  I'd love it if it continued like this.  Not only do I no have to listen to Bennettis stupid bullshit all game but hey Steve Stone is a complete 100% baseball analyst again.  Man Bennetti can GTFO / go pound sand with Boog for the Cubs and I'd be thrilled with Kasper and Stone on TV.

Jason is a nice guy but just shouldn't be doing this.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

It has taken Buxton, for example, the better part of 5-6 seasons to put together an MVP quality start to a season.

Depends, would teams have to choose between assuming or absorbing or could they do both?