Sox vs Indians, Monday April 12th, 7pm

smalls2598

We really showed the league we mean business by not playing the service manipulation game with Vaughn so that we could get 14 ABs and bench him after every out.  Gonna look back in October and pat ourselves on the back for that one.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Greydawgfan1 said:

You mean he saw a perfectly fine 1-6 and goes yeah I quit because 7-8-9 lol might be as well order some French cries 

CWS.png

Good point, that 1-6 screams "Terrorizing the baseball"

11 minutes ago, Capn12 said:

CWS.png

Good point, that 1-6 screams "Terrorizing the baseball"

If you think a lineup of abreu, moncada, Robert. Mercedes grandal doesn’t make a pitcher worry. You are just trying to be angry. I’ll say this Sox fans are the best and worst fan base 

7 minutes ago, Dominikk85 said:

Every rebuilding team probably who has a guy who is 30+.  Depends on whether the Sox are willing to take on some salary. 

You didn't answer the question

46 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

Doesn't need to be loaded to play Vaughn and Madrigal. They may struggle but the team views them as the future. And not to mention the alternatives themselves suck. 

Why does Leury need to start in every game?

Not sure that Luis Robert matches up so much better than Vaughn.

We shall see.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/player/splits/_/id/39631/year/2020/category/batting

He was just 718 last year.

If Vaughn is going to sit for most of the series or against majority of RHP, then lose even more time to Engel...I’m sure the Hahn spin will be “we felt this would be more conducive for his development to spend time observing, learning from our veterans and absorbing the speed of the game in the most optimal match-ups that would lead to successful outcomes.”

51 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

The one thing I was confident in Larussa (despite my anger for his hire) was that he'd likely produce good lineups with all his experience... I have since decided that he has no clue what the fuck he is doing.  

Yep! I was so disgusted after yesterday's game I even turned off Sox Talk! I hope it changes and I wonder why it would, but LaRussa just seems so wrong for this team. And I was so waiting for this year and watching some exciting White Sox baseball.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, flavum said:

The big number goes first.

I’m not as optimistic as you. Besides the Lynn CG, this team ain’t making any progress, especially with lineups like this being thrown out there. 

Edited by ShoeLessRob

26 minutes ago, manbearpuig said:

Honestly, just send Vaughn down.

100% this for me.  What they're doing to Vaughn doesn't make any sense.  Maybe the plan truly is to just have him up here until the minor league season opens because some MLB games are better than the alt site.  That is the only thing that makes any sense.  Unless they truly just planned to DH him Mercedes just destroyed that plan.  But even so, this LF situation is pathetic for a team trying to win a division.  I am sort of at a loss.    

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tony said:

I just don’t see how you can come up with a compelling argument on Nick Williams helps you win a ballgame more than Andrew Vaughn at this point, defense be damned 

Conversely I don't see how you can come up with a compelling argument that Vaughn helps you win a ball game more than Williams against RHP. Everything atm is a SSS but Vaughn has looked better against LHP 0-8 against RHP , 2-6 against LHP. Williams 0-4 against RHP. Between the 2 of them it's 0-12 vs. RHP. I'd rather play the matchup and hope Williams is better defensively  which I am not entirely sure is true.

36 minutes ago, manbearpuig said:

Honestly, just send Vaughn down.

I think they may do that if he is still struggling when the minor league season starts because he wouldn't get a ton of benefit at the alternate site. He needs to get at bats in AA or AAA against higher quality pitching than he did at High A. 

Its a tough adjustment for any rookie but if you missed a whole minor league season and only played against High A earlier, its really unfair to expect him to seamlessly adjust to major league pitching. Thats very unfair to ask IMO. Its a testament to him that he was able to still put up good OBP in the majors.

• Like 1