White Sox Winner!!!

Chicago White Sox

17 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Yes I see a LH who is 27 yrs. old who is faster than Vaughn , has played OF more than Vaughn and has had a few decent seasons hitting RHP in MLB who also has good power. We see what we want to see apparently only I am objective and the rest of you are blind to Vaughns lack of anything resembling what is needed to win ballgames . It's all about what he could be if only given the chance . It's never about his total lack of experience doing any of the things you all keep saying he is capable of doing if only the Sox just played him every day. The Sox won yesterday with Williams in the lineup and the Sox played perfect defense and got perfect relief pitching which they didn't get while playing shit defense.

What others see doesn't always mesh with what I see . I saw Mercedes/Collins as a viable alternative to DH instead of Encarnacion but I understood why the Sox went with EE . I didn't piss and moan about it until after the season. Now the whole board loves Mercedes. I argued with Ray Ray about Eaton. He hated him I didn't and also btw Ray told me Mercedes couldn't hit a curve and laughed at me about him too.

I think most of us see a player who hit .151 in 2019, didn’t make an active roster in 2020, and didn’t make an active roster in 2021. He’s here cause an injury to Eloy; then Engel, and THEN Hamilton. 

We’d much rather see the at bats given to a highly regarded rookie. Do we expect him to come up and just mash? No, but if not now then send him down, he shouldn’t have even made the opening day roster. 

Also @35thstreetswarm I stuck up for McCann when everyone was telling me that he is what he is. I saw a young enough player who could turn it around. Even approachin his last year with the Sox there were still many saying the 1st half of the season was just a fluke and he became what he was in the 2nd half. Then he proved it again last year in the short season that he was a valuable member of the Sox last year and then people started saying they should've kept him instead of Grandal. Even a big supporter of McCann as i was I couldn't agree with that.

I was against getting Puig last year because of his behavior and one guy kept making fun of me. So this year I suggested the Sox could get Puig when Eloy went down and the same guy now said Puig was too volatile with another behavior allegation hanging over his head.

This is not to say I am always right. Nearly everyone hated the Mazara trade. I liked it . Again I saw a young player with potential , a young guy with pedigree . That one didn't work out. But I am consistent . I don't hate Vaughn but he has nothing to offer the team now except AB's against LHP. I love his approach but he's just doesn't have the speed that's required to be valuable to the teams defense and pitching right now. When he proves he can hit I will love the guy as long as he plays 1st base or DH in whatever way the Sox resolve the problems with him doing either of those right now.

I am done. I hope when Vaughn plays again either against RHP or LHP pitching he kills it and the Sox win ! :gosox1:

23 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Yes I see a LH who is 27 yrs. old who is faster than Vaughn , has played OF more than Vaughn and has had a few decent seasons hitting RHP in MLB who also has good power. We see what we want to see apparently only I am objective and the rest of you are blind to Vaughns lack of anything resembling what is needed to win ballgames . It's all about what he could be if only given the chance . It's never about his total lack of experience doing any of the things you all keep saying he is capable of doing if only the Sox just played him every day. The Sox won yesterday with Williams in the lineup and the Sox played perfect defense and got perfect relief pitching which they didn't get while playing shit defense.

Entry level positions available!

(Must have a college degree and 4+ years of experience)

15 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Wait, are we back to using small samples again to draw vast conclusions? Nice!

And I never laughed at anyone about Mercedes. You're back to making things up again.

No it's not a SS size because it's over 14 AB's .  That's the line you drew in the sand. That's good enough for you. And stop lying .

1 minute ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

No it's not a SS size because it's over 14 AB's .  That's the line you drew in the sand. That's good enough for you. And stop lying .

Here's me arguing why Mercedes should have been protected on the 40 man in 2019 and me arguing that Mercedes should have gotten at bats in 2019 as the back up catcher:

So please spare me the "I taught Ray Ray about Mercedes" nonsense. Guess what? Mercedes likely still can't hit good breaking stuff, that hasn't changed. You can still be a productive MLB hitter without hitting breaking stuff. I wanted Collins to get a look over Mercedes at the end of 2020 because I would like the Sox to give Collins a fair shot given his age. That doesn't mean I dogged Mercedes.

On 7/7/2019 at 6:12 PM, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Agreed. My thoughts are that Collins should spend the year working with McCann on calling a game, framing and how to study. Let him catch sometimes but have him DH a ton to get the MLB at bats and try and get his timing - he has always had a hitch in his swing which people worry about but it just means his timing means even more. 

Let mercedes catch on the non-McCann days and stop dh'ing McCann. Let the guy get his rest from being a legit primary - catching is really demanding, give him some rest and he should catch 75% of game ROY.

On 11/20/2019 at 2:59 PM, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Mercedes was a prime R5 candidate with the rosters expanding. If you squint, you could argue he's a 3rd catcher + a 1st base/DH option for a team. That's a versatile enough package, that when paired with a bat that may play up is really enticing. Mainly because he would be attractive to both bad teams and middle tier teams without a true #1 catcher.

2 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Here's me arguing why Mercedes should have been protected on the 40 man in 2019 and me arguing that Mercedes should have gotten at bats in 2019 as the back up catcher:

So please spare me the "I taught Ray Ray about Mercedes" nonsense. Guess what? Mercedes likely still can't hit good breaking stuff, that hasn't changed. You can still be a productive MLB hitter without hitting breaking stuff. I wanted Collins to get a look over Mercedes at the end of 2020 because I would like the Sox to give Collins a fair shot given his age. That doesn't mean I dogged Mercedes.

Why did you put that in quotes ? Did I ever say I taught you about Mercedes ? I can't help how you feel about disparaging Mercedes or Eaton  I said you laughed at me and Mercedes  couldn't hit a curve. I'm not saying I was right about either but I am right for now. That could change . Talk to me at the end of the season. Do you feel picked on Ray Ray pal ?

8 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

You're right.  You and the 76 year old drunk man.

He's more right than you are. I didn't hire the guy. Did you call him a 76 yr old drunk man in the game thread when Eaton PH for Vaughn and hit that go ahead HR. I know many were pissed off about that too.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

10 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Um so you all are right and and I'm the only one arguing this way? Please check the lineup cards .

Everyone: The Sox are wrong

Cali: No they aren't!

Everyone: You are also wrong

Cali: How can I be wrong if the Sox agree with me? 

Roll Safe | Know Your Meme

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

6 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Why did you put that in quotes ? Did I ever say I taught you about Mercedes ? I can't help how you feel about disparaging Mercedes or Eaton  I said you laughed at me and Mercedes  couldn't hit a curve. I'm not saying I was right about either but I am right for now. That could change . Talk to me at the end of the season. Do you feel picked on Ray Ray pal ?

What?

48 minutes ago, ptatc said:

While all of this is true,  they need to balance the present and the future. All teams have young players they are breaking in for the MLB. The team obviously feels Vaughn has nothing left to learn in the minors, you may disagree but they have seen him more than you have. 

The Sox are going to struggle at times due to so many 1st and 2nd year players. Inexperience shows. But as they all gain experience it will improve.

I agree and the Sox have also seen Nick Williams more than anyone else and they decided to call him up and give him AB's rather than Luis Gonzalez the other LHH OFer they could 've used instead. So am I wrong about wanting to give Nick William some AB's against RHP and also wrong about giving Vaughn AB's against RHP ? That's all i have been saying. That's what the Sox are doing. So on the one hand the Sox are right because they have seen Vaughn more than me but wouldn't that mean they are also right by choosing to play Williams over Vaughn against LHP who they have also seen more than me and all the others saying he sucks ?

3 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I agree and the Sox have also seen Nick Williams more than anyone else and they decided to call him up and give him AB's rather than Luis Gonzalez the other LHH OFer they could 've used instead. So am I wrong about wanting to give Nick William some AB's against RHP and also wrong about giving Vaughn AB's against RHP ? That's all i have been saying. That's what the Sox are doing. So on the one hand the Sox are right because they have seen Vaughn more than me but wouldn't that mean they are also right by choosing to play Williams over Vaughn against LHP who they have also seen more than me and all the others saying he sucks ?

The Sox signed Nick Williams in January as a spring training invite with a minor league contract.

19 minutes ago, gusguyman said:

Cali: How can I be wrong if the Sox agree with me? 

Yea try quoting what I say instead of making up a story about what you think I am saying. We have a difference of opinion about the Sox use of Vaughn and Nick Williams. That's all it is. The Sox are doing what I think they should be doing . I agree with them and all of you don't. I am not right and you are not right. I am not wrong and you are not wrong. Opinions are just opinions. Me being the only one here to give an opposing opinion also doesn't make me wrong  which is what Squirmin said. Twist it any way you want to but God forbid you use the facts.

1 minute ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Yea try quoting what I say instead of making up a story about what you think I am saying. We have a difference of opinion about the Sox use of Vaughn and Nick Williams. That's all it is. The Sox are doing what I think they should be doing . I agree with them and all of you don't. I am not right and you are not right. I am not wrong and you are not wrong. Opinions are just opinions. Me being the only one here to give an opposing opinion also doesn't make me wrong  which is what Squirmin said. Twist it any way you want to but God forbid you use the facts.

Play the AAAA journeyman over the top prospect. Got it.

2 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I don't think it makes much of a difference but if you insist ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ :

Cali: "Um so you all are right and and I'm the only one arguing this way? Please check the lineup cards."

3 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

The Sox signed Nick Williams in January as a spring training invite with a minor league contract.

Do you have a point to make . Maybe it's like the point you made about 14 AB's being enough of a sample size to use for that .400 OBP of Vaughns and I asked you to clarify what's a big enough sample to use so I can then use it against you in futuree arguments and sure enough when I brought up Eaton you tell me I'm playing with small sample sizes again but it was a lot more than the 14 Ab's you used for Vaughn. I set you up pal, knowing if I brought up Eaton you would take the bait. Don't you feel stupid ?

4 minutes ago, gusguyman said:

I don't think it makes much of a difference but if you insist ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ :

Cali: "Um so you all are right and and I'm the only one arguing this way? Please check the lineup cards."

That's better, because you are not all right and I am not wrong. They are opinions. At one point most of the world had the opinion the world was flat .

7 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Do you know anything about baseball ? You are citing stats from a few games ? Yes Williams hasn't hit in 2 whole games and Vaughn hasn't done anything against RHP in a few games. Tell me again what has he done to deserve to play . Don't tell me about what a great hitter he was in college. Don't tell me about his great minor league stats at the high levels of the minors because you can't. He isn't a great defender. He isn't a speedy runner .Right now there is no reason to play him against anything but LHP if winning means anything to you. But apparently it doesn't when you choose to gripe about Vaughn not playing in a game the Sox won.

Last night was a great win . Try happiness.

This is a soft take, do better. Vaughn is a top prospect in baseball and a #3 overall pick. Williams should be shagging flys at the alternate site. By your own logic Crochet should never have been put in any high leverage situations or even up last year because of lack of "performance" in the high minors, do you realize how fucking stupid that sounds? Plenty of top prospects have skipped AA and or AAA. Miguel Cabrera comes to mind, and before someone what-aboutisms the fuck out of that statement and says "but Beautox hes a HOFer" yeah no shit. Another example Yelich skipped AAA before making the club in '13.

Its ok some of this board and greater fanbase understand that a certain percentage of this fan base is going to carry water for its shitty owner, dysfunctional front office or past his prime manager.