Hendriks will be fine because Magick

35thstreetswarm

I saw a few tweets about Hendriks feeling better after consulting a tarot card reader. Figured he was kind of half-goofing in a press conference, but then saw a few articles about it.  Seems like he's sort of serious, and really has some sort of personal mystic. I wasn't worried about Hendriks before, but I am a little bit now. 

https://www.mlb.com/news/liam-hendriks-gets-help-from-his-tarot-card-reader

By the way, I'm at least 35% kidding.

• Like 1

I saw one of those articles and thought it was interesting and then read that she has become so important that his family has celebrated Thanksgiving and Christmas with her and I found that a bit odd.  But as was said earlier, whatever he needs to do he needs to do.  It's not my $$.

“I had some sage spray I spritzed around my locker,” said Hendriks, who saged a few other players on the team who were “a little bit more open to it.”

“Things like that that are able to, in theory, remove negative energy and put a positive spin back on everything.

“It’s just something that I’ve known. It seems to change the way I perceive things. That’s one of the hardest things to do is just change your perception on certain things, whether it be to get you out of that negative funk, focus on positivity, focus on this one thing that can push your forward. For whatever reason it seems to work for me. It takes that edge off and all of a sudden I’m able to flip that switch a little bit quicker than I would by myself.”

Well then seems like we need a lot of spritzing around here lately !

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

“I had some sage spray I spritzed around my locker,” said Hendriks, who saged a few other players on the team who were “a little bit more open to it.”

“Things like that that are able to, in theory, remove negative energy and put a positive spin back on everything.

“It’s just something that I’ve known. It seems to change the way I perceive things. That’s one of the hardest things to do is just change your perception on certain things, whether it be to get you out of that negative funk, focus on positivity, focus on this one thing that can push your forward. For whatever reason it seems to work for me. It takes that edge off and all of a sudden I’m able to flip that switch a little bit quicker than I would by myself.”

Well then seems like we need a lot of spritzing around here lately !

Hendriks may want to sneak some sage into Jose's dip tin. 

21 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

Whatever gets his mind in the right place, thinking the right things is fine by me.

Exactly.  Stuff is silly as hell to me but hey if he believes it and it gives him more confidence than more power to him.

22 hours ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

I saw a few tweets about Hendriks feeling better after consulting a tarot card reader. Figured he was kind of half-goofing in a press conference, but then saw a few articles about it.  Seems like he's sort of serious, and really has some sort of personal mystic. I wasn't worried about Hendriks before, but I am a little bit now. 

https://www.mlb.com/news/liam-hendriks-gets-help-from-his-tarot-card-reader

By the way, I'm at least 35% kidding.

I mean it’s no different than going to a priest, pastor or rabbi. It’s all made up mumbo jumbo that they pull out of their butt 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

33 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Hendriks may want to sneak some sage into Jose's dip tin. 

I meant for the board. There's an awful lot of negative vibing around here after yesterdays game, which was actually a close intense game that we knew from the get go was going to be a close low scoring game. 2 great pitchers going toe to toe. The Sox are  still close to the others in their division while playing bad baseball and having a lot of injuries. Lot's of the teams we consider to be the have's and have nots are all bunched together. I'm encouraged by the pitching. Playing guys we consider terrible over other guys is just LaRussa looking to see who can provide an instant spark early in the season. You can't have guys on the bench you never ever play . You have to find out if they can contribute and if not move on while you still have plenty of games left and injured players come back so you can decide who to get rid of.

We found one of those instant sparks in Mercedes and only did that through injury. Mendick stepped up some. Eaton is not the disaster just yet some were projecting. Collins isn't as terrible as many thought. Kopech and the starting pitchers have been pretty good. The Sox have been in every game they lost. It's not such a terrible idea to try to find another spark if even for just a few games when no one else is hitting that well . Keep the faith . We're going to get some guys back soon and April Abreu will disappear and become MVPito . We can find plenty of positives with a bit of glass half full thinking. # life coach ;)

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

Just now, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Can we keep our personal spiritual beliefs out of this by not bashing any particular religious sects ?

People said it’s bonkers to believe in psychics. Let’s not get upset when Christianity is said to be equally as bonkers for players lol

• Fire 1

This board has very few rules and while Tarot card reading and the self help gurus and positives energy people have their place for those seeking help it is not a religion. Just as no race should be disparaged neither should any religion. I'm not a mod so I don't know all the rules but if we want to see threads closed keep it up.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

This board has very few rules and while Tarot card reading and the self help gurus and positives energy people have their place for those seeking help it is not a religion. Just as no race should be disparaged neither should any religion. I'm not a mod so I don't know all the rules but if we want to see threads closed keep it up.

Actually psychics, tarot cards have place in pagen religions

7 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Actually psychics tarot and other things do have their places in pagen and non Abrahamic traditional religions. If you feel personally offended that’s on you. Comparing psychics, tarot cards, Medicine men to Christianity isn’t offensive in it self because they all have places in different religions. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

And yes if he went to a priest, tarot reader or medicine man. It’s no different they are all providing a spiritual experience to help him adapt to issues in his life. 

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Can we keep our personal spiritual beliefs out of this by not bashing any particular religious sects ?

There really is no difference. 

If millions of people can believe in a dude walking on water, healing people and getting resurrected and that is fine then people being "worried" about Liam being into tarot cards is fucking stupid. 

Sorry for not sugar coating it. 

• Like 2
  • Fire 2

2 minutes ago, RagahRagah said:

There really is no difference. 

If millions of people can believe in a dude walking on water, healing people and getting resurrected and that is fine then people being "worried" about Liam being into tarot cards is fucking stupid. 

Sorry for not sugar coating it. 

Thank you, man I’m tired of people being offended by stupid crap like this

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Greydawgfan1 said:

I mean it’s no different than going to a priest, pastor or rabbi. It’s all made up mumbo jumbo that they pull out of their butt 

12 minutes ago, Greydawgfan1 said:

And yes if he went to a priest, tarot reader or medicine man. It’s no different they are all providing a spiritual experience to help him adapt to issues in his life. 

Yes and I can see that you think it is all pulled out of your ass so you have certainly enlightened me and yet at the same time managed to insult those religions that have a Priest , Pastor or Rabbi.