Sox vs Indians - Tuesday, April 13th, 710pm

smalls2598

2 minutes ago, bmags said:

I feel like we're going to pay a boatload for like mark canha

I was looking at the list of rentals (just the 21-22 offseason free agent list) for possible options that wouldn't cost a ton.

Edit: it's not a long list.

Edited by manbearpuig

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Gotta earn at bats by going 8-8 Vaughn, obviously.

No one has earned at bats more than Nick Williams. Not for this team! Not with what he's been through and done for this organization.

Look, Nick got a walk off get your teammate hit by a throw play, what the hell else do you want from him?

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Gotta earn at bats by going 8-8 Vaughn, obviously.

No one has earned at bats more than Nick Williams. Not for this team! Not with what he's been through and done for this organization.

I'm not sure how you can earn at bats when you aren't consistently given them. It is tough for any player to go out there once or twice every 4 or 5 days and hit well. But Tony even said Vaughn was having better AB's just a few days ago and he is still sitting. 

But some how Williams and Lamb have earned AB's

• Like 2

Just now, BigHurt3515 said:

I'm not sure how you can earn at bats when you aren't consistently given them. It is tough for any player to go out there once or twice every 4 or 5 days and hit well. But Tony even said Vaughn was having better AB's just a few days ago and he is still sitting. 

Both have no hits on the season too. Who knew TLR would be set in his old ways and not play rookies? 

1 minute ago, BigHurt3515 said:

Even when Vaughn does well he sits the next day. It's bullshit.

• Like 2

Twins, Royals White Sox and division-leading Indians all separated by 1/2 game.  Even the Tigers are only 1 1/2 back. Otoh, we could be tied for last after tonight, or alone in first with Twins completing DH against the suddenly resurgent Red Sox.

Edited by caulfield12

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

I like Canha. I'm not sure if he will cost a boatload though. He's already 32.

True sorry mainly meant pay much more than you'd expect Canha to get (given pending FA status) so that we can pry him away earlier in season and due to our desperation.

I like Canha too, but spending capital to plug a single-year hole sucks. But he's good! 

1 hour ago, Balta1701 said:

You're writing this like LaRussa doesn't have the final say over players and front office decisions.

Playing your fifth LF isn't going over so well. Nick is basically DeWayne Wise on a bad day. Not enough bullets or bows in your quiver. 

1 hour ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Just a reminder we could have had AJ Hinch but Reinsdorf hasn't died yet.

I'm not keen on this lineup either but...It's not like AJ Hinch is setting the world on fire in Detroit.  

• Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic