Sox vs Indians - Tuesday, April 13th, 710pm

smalls2598

3 minutes ago, Eminor3rd said:

I know -- batting order is what I'm talking about. In the BBTN study, they found an average two win difference across "sabermetrically ideal" and the worst possible batting orders over their thousands of simulations or whatever.

Of course, in real life, any single situation that occurs could be game-changing, but I think the point is that since you can't really control who is up in specific situations, over the time the affect regresses toward mean outcomes for all players, and the chief driver of the two win difference is that better players get mroe ABs in better lineups.

It's also impossible to quantitatively assess the psychological impact on pitchers like Giolito of looking at that line-up and just knowing they can pretty much only give up 1 run or at best 2 to beat Bieber with our defense and bullpen woes.

Edited by caulfield12

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

It's also impossible to quantitatively measure the psychological impact on pitchers like Giolito of looking at that line-up and just knowing they can pretty much only give up 1 run or at best 2 to beat Bieber with our defense and bullpen woes.

That's true, but one could also argue that pitcher x loves the dudes on his team and believes in all of them, and such an argument wouldn't be any more or less likely.

2 minutes ago, Eminor3rd said:

That's true, but one could also argue that pitcher x loves the dudes on his team and believes in all of them, and such an argument wouldn't be any more or less likely.

Williams, not sure I'm seeing that one...but it is what it is.  It's not like this Indians' line-up is filled with world beaters, other than having to be careful with Jose Ramirez and not giving the other team any cheap runs.

Just now, caulfield12 said:

Williams, not sure I'm seeing that one...but it is what it is.  It's not like this Indians' line-up is filled with world beaters, other than having to be careful with Jose Ramirez and not giving the other team any cheap runs.

I mean I agree this lineup sucks.

image.pngVaughn is a

As far as Lamb getting a shot tonight, Sox Scouts know about  the 2016 and 2017 seasons that Lamb had, particularly against RH pitching where he jacked 25 HR just against RH pitchers.

Yea, TLaR is older than you but he has a law degree, World Series rings, and is in the HOF.   Maybe give him a break and stop piling on the criticism. Enough is enough. Try to enjoy the game men. Be happy.Things are looking up this year.

Jake Lamb 2016 Highlights

image.png

image.png

image.png

Edited by tray
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, tray said:

Vaughn is a complete joke out in LF. And nom, he is no where as fast as Eloy and cannot even get to most balls. Had Eloy been in LF yesterday, the Sox would have lost.

As far as Lamb getting a shot tonight, Sox Scouts know about  the 2016 and 2017 seasons that Lamb had, particularly against RH pitching where he jacked 25 HR just against RH pitchers.

Yea, TLaR is older than you but he has a law degree, World Series rings, and is in the HOF.   Maybe give him a break and stop piling on the criticism. Enough is enough. Try to enjoy the game men. Be happy.Things are looking up this year.

Jake Lamb 2016 Highlights

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

I'll give Jake Lamb this. He was good more recently than LaRussa.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Gotta earn at bats by going 8-8 Vaughn, obviously.

No one has earned at bats more than Nick Williams. Not for this team! Not with what he's been through and done for this organization.

I would get banned if I didn't keep to myself what I think about TLR right now.

• Thanks 1

• Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic