Sox vs Indians - Tuesday, April 13th, 710pm

smalls2598

1 minute ago, ptatc said:

Yes. It will. He is only slated for 60-70 innings like a typical reliever. 

And next offseason we will say he didn’t pitch enough innings to start so LaRussa will want him in the bullpen again, and he will stay there.

Just now, Harold's Leg Lift said:

I'm sure they told Crochet to throttle back a little to save his arm the long haul.  I just don't understand why they continue to put such an inexperienced pitcher in during extra innings when the smallest mistakes can cost you game.  

This is a good post.  Probably should be the $50M+ reliever in those situations unless that 13 pitch 9th somehow wore him down.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

I'm sure they told Crochet to throttle back a little to save his arm the long haul.  I just don't understand why they continue to put such an inexperienced pitcher in during extra innings when the smallest mistakes can cost you game.  

If you’re already worried about his health that much, that’s when you trade him if the Brewers love him.

3 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

No he’s a reliever because he’s in the bullpen and doing 1 inning outings as a lefty coming into the 10th inning isn’t going to build his arm up long term. 

I think the hypothesis that they told him to throttle it back to 96-98 is correct. I think that's where he will work as a starter. However, he needs to try a new grip on his change because 97-98 to 91-92 isn't going to cut it for velocity difference. 

6 minutes ago, brijames1957 said:

7 of the starting 9 Sox tonight were batting .227 or under. 

Wishful thinking that Vaughn could handle the DH duties and that they could survive without acquiring anyone new to play LF with Jimenez on the shelf. And yes I know Engel is coming back but they still need another bat.

1 minute ago, Sox80 said:

Nick Williams hitting 5th? Lamb playing over Yermin? why not bring Liam out one more inning? I don't think he's doing a good job sorry,agree to disagree. 

Tony is looking pretty horrendous so far.

Anyone who thought the 10 year absence wouldn't be a factor for a 76 year old man (or just the fact he's 76, really) was kidding themselves. 

• Like 1

• Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic