Sox vs Indians - Tuesday, April 13th, 710pm

smalls2598

Today is April 13th 2021 and the Sox are 5-6 in a 162 game season. We have played 6% of the  games this year.

I will continue to post this. How so many of you can be so angry, and mad not only day by day but pitch-by-pitch baffles me. As many have said the baseball season is the longest grind in professional sports. Tony has made GOOD gut calls, and bad.  Our defense has started to look better last few nights. our pitching --- OUTSTANDING recently.

Simmer down. Weed is legal now in Illinois. I implore some of you guys to try it. 

Edited by DoUEvenShift
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, 2Deep said:

11 games in and im tired of nick Williams, Jake lamb.

This is fucking ridiculous that these 2 clowns are getting meaningful at bats.

This is a joke that we want to win a title but can't pony up to sign a real LF with Eloy hurt. We get Nick Williams shoved up our ass.

Fuck off LaRussa

And why does Grandal always get catcher interference called against him?

You just can't have guys who are not in rhythm like Lamb and Williams in the line-up against a Bieber-quality pitcher.

The only really good at-bat I saw all night (and I missed most of the game) was Yermin Mercedes against Bieber.

Probably ended up losing that game by a matter of less than 6 inches.

Saw there was yet another defensive miscue with the catcher's interference...that put Crochet behind the 8 ball.  Hopefully he can come out of it and get back his playoff-level confidence from last year.  He must be a little shell-shocked right now absorbing a couple of tough losses in extra innings like that.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

Yeah that shit was baffling. Perez is slow as shit, you have to play for a double play in that situation.

They were setting up inside for 98 mph fastball. Exactly where did they think that ball was going.

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Sorry I meant the first two weeks of games they’ve lost.  A lot of teams will lose to Bieber, but don’t piss away games against lesser teams because your manager is brain dead.

That’s fair. Definitely have given a few away. Not sure this was one of them tho. Moncada just needs to come through in the 9th. Yoan is my guy, but he is worthless at the plate right now. 

Just now, DoUEvenShift said:

Today is April 13th 2021 and the Sox are 5-6 in a 162 game season. We have played 0.68% of the  games this year (less than 1% for you meatheads who seem to lose 5 years off your life in each game thread).

I will continue to post this. How so many of you can be so angry, and mad not only day by day but pitch-by-pitch baffles me. As many have said the baseball season is the longest grind in professional sports. Tony has made GOOD gut calls, and bad.  Our defense has started to look better last few nights. our pitching --- OUTSTANDING recently.

Simmer down. Weed is legal now in Illinois. I implore some of you guys to try it. 

No you have played 6.8% of the games.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Chi Town Sox said:

I guess he could bench them for the other not good players. 

Yeah lets rest our DH that's hitting around .500 and our rookie experimental OF with a .400 OBP for two guys that do and have done nothing besides bat left handed. Totally the same thing. 

Edited by Sleepy Harold

3 minutes ago, The Beast said:

3 fucking hits. And a lucky win last night. This team reminds me of the drop off from the Bears in 2018 and then to 2019. Different sport but same stupid hype. Maybe the McCann and Jimenez losses are the difference.

At least the Bears went from bad to mediocre. The Sox have gone from good to god awful in a year and a half. 

Hahn bet on one good year to year and a half  from a lot of players. It backfired. It would have been nice if those guys hadn't had mirage seasons to get everyone's hopes up. 

Listen, I defended Moncada a bit but that doesn't change the fact that he's been awful since he got covid. It seems to have sapped a bit of his bat speed, and I'm not sure he'll ever be the same player. Go figure that it's the Sox that would have the one guy that has his career trajectory altered by catching covid. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

5 minutes ago, DoUEvenShift said:

Today is April 13th 2021 and the Sox are 5-6 in a 162 game season. We have played 0.68% of the  games this year (less than 1% for you meatheads who seem to lose 5 years off your life in each game thread).

Frankly it's tiresome to hear stuff like this that 100% glosses over all the reasons people are concerned, and there are a lot of them.

I get it. But blanket statements don't help. And we've seen this song and dance before. "Just give it time!" Been hearing the same shit for over a decade.

Edited by RagahRagah
  • Like 6

2 minutes ago, DoUEvenShift said:

Hey meat head, it's actually 6.8%

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, Green Line said:

Its not Tony’s fault that the offense is shit.  “MVPito” needs to step it up he choked under pressure again, going back to the A’s series from last year.

What would our record be without his two grand slams, though?

Moncada has been the much bigger issue.

3 minutes ago, DoUEvenShift said:

No.

The team is a disaster and the season is on the line in the next 2 games.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Chi Town Sox said:

TLR hasn’t been great but honestly what is he supposed to do with players like Lamb and Williams around?  They have no depth and no other options. Need Anderson back badly to get one of these schmoes out of the lineup. 

No depth? How many teams go 7 deep on outfielders ready to play extensive innings? That's just not realistic. 

Just now, Slewpy said:

Thank you   The Sox will be fine   Hopefully Larussa uses todays experiment to take away any future starts by Williams though.  Late game defensive spot from here on out and I'm a happy man.

In his lone full season he was one of the worst defensive outfielders in baseball.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DoUEvenShift said:

Today is April 13th 2021 and the Sox are 5-6 in a 162 game season. We have played 6% of the  games this year (less than 1% for you meatheads who seem to lose 5 years off your life in each game thread).

Stop justifying the insane lineups of a deluded old man that’s going to run the team we love into the ground.

We get that it’s early.  But we’re entitled to be concerned as fans.  If you can’t see why these moves make no sense then you’re way too blindly confident in this team. 

• Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic