Sox vs Indians - Tuesday, April 13th, 710pm

smalls2598

3 minutes ago, DoUEvenShift said:

I'm on Keto. Love me some meat no Soy milk here anytime soon..

I fucked up on the % of season so far, my mistake and I fucked that up. Too many IPA's i guess. 

I still do think this team will be 1st in the central by Mid May/early June and get better as the season goes on. Call me a Homer fine. That's what I am.

Im doing keto too, lets hope you are right. Team has no identity right now.

1 minute ago, Ozzie’s Cuban Cigar said:

And yet somehow Freddie Freeman who had a horrible case of Covid managed to be MVP

All viruses do the exact same thing to every person. Always. It’s a rule. The viruses signed a treaty agreeing to that in the year 1317.

• Like 2

didn't have a problem with Vaughn sitting tonight, but he should've played yesterday

as much as Williams has been in the lineup, my guess is they wanted to see what they had before DFAing him, with Engel and Hamilton hurt, he was gonna get as many looks from the Sox as possible 

Lamb for Yermin was straight up TLR trying to show how smart he is by completely overthinking how to beat Bieber

Sox weren't winning this game, but injuries and TLR being a conceited ego maniac didn't help matters

Hopefully Williams is gone when Engel and TA return

And yet somehow Freddie Freeman who had a horrible case of Covid managed to be MVP

You know, everyone reacts differently to that disease? 

Freeman might have been really sick early, but he recovered more quickly than everyone else. Moncada had long haul. Apples and Oranges. 

Covid clearly takes the same toll on everybody.  Look, Yoan hasn’t been good this year and we need him to be better but dismissing the fact that Covid could have played a role last year cause Freddie was good is silly.  It’s also probably not helping Yoan to have Nick Williams bat behind him.  

14 minutes ago, pcq said:

The posters here are smart but lacking in emotional maturity. They behave like teenage boys at a Power Rangers movie. 

Nervousness, whininess, grabbing pitchforks, blaming, shaming, going full priss etc.  
giphy.gif

Edited by Jerksticks

1 minute ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

You already said u wouldn't have minded the Sox resigning him didn't you? You say it you probably get a pass. i say hit and I'm arguing with people all day. You don't bother with doing that. So that makes you smarter than me.

I didn’t want him back, but I also thought the Sox would add a lot more than Eaton.  It’s just funny to go back to the beginning of the offseason where we dreamed of an incredible lineup....and now we’re here.

• Like 1

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

You know, everyone reacts differently to that disease? 

Freeman might have been really sick early, but he recovered more quickly than everyone else. Moncada had long haul. Apples and Oranges. 

Thank you, doctor. Let's give Moncada a month before diving into "covid ruined Moncada's career".

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, southsideirish71 said:

Once again this looks like the same team that was bad against above 500 teams and feasted on some bottom dwellers.  This does not look like a world series contender.  

Well we are missing two of our best players and are being managed by a guy who should be in a retirement home in a couple years

6 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Even though I defended Moncada earlier, let's be real. They both suck. 

How about they just stop with the clean up hitter nonsense? He's stated himself he's comfortable in the 2 spot so put him there. Make him comfortable. Give him some protection and see if he gets hot. Quite frankly with TA out Robert should be leading off. If you have Robert, Moncada, Abreu, Grandal everyone there is in a better position to succeed. What's been thrown out there so far is not working.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Covid is making him pull off the ball, not recognize spin and struggle to get extension?

Do you know about brain fog and other things related to covid long haul?

My hypothesis is that he's pulling off because he can't get there anymore. 

• Haha 4

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

Do you know about brain fog and other things related to covid long haul?

My hypothesis is that he's pulling off because he can't get there anymore. 

Roughly 1/3 of the people who have the long term symptoms seem to show some recovery after getting the vaccine.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, BigHurt3515 said:

Well we are missing two of our best players and are being managed by a guy who should be in a retirement home in a couple years

Problem with saying we’re bad just because of Eloy and Timmy out is that some of the other main guys are playing horrible.  I know everyone knows I hate him, but Madrigal’s effort at the plate was dog crap tonight.

2 minutes ago, Rowand44 said:

Covid clearly takes the same toll on everybody.  Look, Yoan hasn’t been good this year and we need him to be better but dismissing the fact that Covid could have played a role last year cause Freddie was good is silly.  It’s also probably not helping Yoan to have Nick Williams bat behind him.  

My point was Dr Fakey that you keep making excuses for him and it’s possible he’s just not as good a hitter as we all hoped he would be.  It’s early and I believe he will break out but you sound like a Cub fan when you keep making excuses for your players.   

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, TheBooneLoganEra said:

How about they just stop with the clean up hitter nonsense? He's stated himself he's comfortable in the 2 spot so put him there. Make him comfortable. Give him some protection and see if he gets hot. Quite frankly with TA out Robert should be leading off. If you have Robert, Moncada, Abreu, Grandal everyone there is in a better position to succeed. What's been thrown out there so far is not working.

It’s not like Robert has proven he’s a good enough hitter to bat 2nd.

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

Problem with saying we’re bad just because of Eloy and Timmy out is that some of the other main guys are playing horrible.  I know everyone knows I hate him, but Madrigal’s effort at the plate was dog crap tonight.

Why is nobody talking about Abreu, Grandal  and Robert also being dogshit? 

Let's be real, nobody in this lineup is an MLB caliber hitter right now except Eaton. 

The entire lineup outside of Eaton belongs in Charlotte. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, fathom said:

Madrigal, who I was a supporter of, has lost all of my faith. I never think he's going to be a good player. Hope I'm wrong.

Robert and Moncada, I still have plenty of faith in.  Let's be patient.

My point was Dr Fakey that you keep making excuses for him and it’s possible he’s just not as good a hitter as we all hoped he would be.  It’s early and I believe he will break out but you sound like a Cub fan when you keep making excuses for your players.   

You know, covid affecting Moncada and altering his career trajectory and him sucking are not mutually exclusive thoughts. 

1 minute ago, fathom said:

I wouldn't say bad, we are 5-6 so pretty much average. With Eloy and Timmy we would be above average. Then if you take on Tony's every changing line ups and poor management we are a good to great team, we have too many things keeping us down at the moment. We have Nick Williams, Jake Lamb, Leury Garcia, and Danny Mendick in the line up way too much for us to be good with Grandal, Moncada, Abreu, and Robert being bad to below average at the same time.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

It’s not like Robert has proven he’s a good enough hitter to bat 2nd.

Hopefully the lineup shifts with Tim back:

Tim

Eaton (who looks good)

Abreu

Moncada (for now)

Mercedes

Grandal

Robert

Engel (eventually)

Madrigal/Mendick/Leury

This is a much more competitive lineup than what we are currently trotting out.

• Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic