Eaton (who looks good)

Abreu

Moncada (for now)

Mercedes

Grandal

Robert

Engel (eventually)

Madrigal/Mendick/Leury

This is a much more competitive lineup than what we are currently trotting out.

Anderson and Engel aren't going to save this lineup. It's complete dogshit. (right now) 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, KrankinSox said:

Hopefully the lineup shifts with Tim back:

Tim

Eaton (who looks good)

Abreu

Moncada (for now)

Mercedes

Grandal

Robert

Engel (eventually)

Madrigal/Mendick/Leury

This is a much more competitive lineup than what we are currently trotting out.

Flip Grandal with Yoan until he proves he can hit again 

Just now, fathom said:

There was one player that looked confident at the plate tonight and had a plan.  He only batted once in the 9th.

Yep, so if you make the assumption that Yermin has filled in nicely for Eloy at DH so far, then it's possible they'd be bad regardless of Eloy's injury. 

5 minutes ago, fathom said:

It’s not like Robert has proven he’s a good enough hitter to bat 2nd.

The offense is dead right now so put them in positions they prefer. If Yoan has protection from Abreu and starts to come around then Luis will come around with ample protection and it impacts the rest of the lineup. I'll settle for anything right now that gets Moncada out of the 4 hole. He is not a cleanup hitter. 

7 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

I'm so mad Jerry made this guy manager. 

This is going about as great as everyone expected. Granted yes, Tony didn't hurt Eloy or TA, he did not make the defense fuck up for a week or make the bullpen struggle early. I just haven't been impressed with really any of his decisions so far. 

Edited by manbearpuig

1 minute ago, manbearpuig said:

This is going about as great as everyone expected. Granted yes, Tony didn't hurt Eloy or TA, he did not making the defense fuck up for a week or make the bullpen struggle early. I just haven't been impressed with really any of his decisions so far. 

His logic just isn't there. 

Just now, manbearpuig said:

This is going about as great as everyone expected. Granted yes, Tony didn't hurt Eloy or TA, he did not making the defense fuck up for a week or make the bullpen struggle early. I just haven't been impressed with really any of his decisions so far. 

There’s plenty of blame to go around so far but when your team is struggling it’s a huge freakin problem when the manager isn’t putting them in the best position to succeed.  A lot of things need to change and Tony is high on that list.  

• Like 1

A lot of Sox at bats are so boring. I still say the loss of Timmy and Eloy is huge. Lineup will improve a lot when Tim gets back. Can't wait for some of the other guys to get hot, which they will.

Not so sure I like Robert's swinging at everything early in the count and my guy, Abreu's slow start, but hey, Sox still are going to be very good this year. .... I'm not a big fan of Lamb, though I was a fan of Dennis Lamp back in the day.

Edited by greg775

13 minutes ago, manbearpuig said:

Jerry is skipping the part of the rebuild where your core is cheaper and you should be spending on bigger free agents.

I have no doubt Jerry doesn’t care about winning. Hiring Tony is a passion project for him.

• Thanks 1

• Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic