Sox vs Indians - Tuesday, April 13th, 710pm

smalls2598

50 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

How many teams have outfielders as injury prone as Eloy, Eaton, and Hamilton? Heck Engel also hit the IL in 2020 and Robert was hurt for a month+ in 2018.

Holy canolli, he was hurt for over a month - 3 years ago! Officially injury prone!!

Edited by ron883
  • Like 1

Just now, fathom said:

I have no doubt Jerry doesn’t care about winning. Hiring Tony is a passion project for him.

"Always try to finish in 2nd place. You give your fans the carrot. There's always one more step to take" -paraphrasing Jerry Reinsdorf to David Samson. 

Jerry wants fans engaged but he doesn't want to spend enough to win. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

All rage "everyone sucks" like Randy Quaid from Major League aside, all we can do is hope that the offense comes around. If it doesn't, hopefully someone gets held accountable. It probably won't be TLR or Hahn though. Instead, they'll cut payroll by trading the players that were good. 

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

All rage "everyone sucks" like Randy Quaid from Major League aside, all we can do is hope that the offense comes around. If it doesn't, hopefully someone gets held accountable. It probably won't be TLR or Hahn though. Instead, they'll cut payroll by trading the players that were good. 

Ha. This is the White Sox organization we're talking about here: there is no accountability.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

He wasn't in the lineup tonight. He should play until either he cools off or is exposed

This may your hottest take all night. Yermin won't be "exposed". He's for real, and he's here to stay. 

12 minutes ago, manbearpuig said:

Ha. This is the White Sox organization we're talking about here: there is no accountability.

Of course, didn’t you read the last part? Tony and Rick get to keep their jobs while they dump the FA contracts and Giolito. 

Anyway, I'm just frustrated tonight and need to vent to fellow Sox fans. Playing the Randy Quaid role from ML2. 

Disclaimer: take nothing I posted tonight seriously and treat it all as schtick. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

3 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Of course, didn’t you read the last part? Tony and Rick get to keep their jobs while they dump the FA contracts and Giolito. 

Anyway, I'm just frustrated tonight and need to vent to fellow Sox fans. Playing the Randy Quaid role from ML2. 

Disclaimer: take nothing I posted tonight seriously and treat it all as schtick. 

No. You disrespected Yermin earlier in this thread and you were totally serious about it. You reap what you sow. 

5 minutes ago, Jerksticks said:

Well 12 outa 15 AL teams are within a game of .500 or worse.  

Boston, LA and Cleveland are the only teams that have won a couple more games.  

Just like everybody picked before the season started.  

Is this the hard part of the schedule?  I thought that came in the 2nd half.

2 hours ago, pcq said:

The posters here are smart but lacking in emotional maturity. They behave like teenage boys at a Power Rangers movie. 

What... what does this even mean? How many teens are going to power rangers movies? Are they throwing tantrums there? Why!? When was the last time a power rangers movie was even in theaters!?! I have so many questions.

Everybody, please calm down!! This is not a sprint, it is a marathon as they say. Some players just have to work out the kinks. Moncada, even Abreu need time and the weather needs to warm up. As they said tonight, if it was June in the 10 inning, Lambs fly ball to the wall would have gone out and we'd still be playing. It's obvious we are missing Jimenez and Anderson. Even Engle would be better than the 2 stiffs we have on the bench. On the other hand Yermin would not have made the team. When Anderson and Engle return things will get better. Kopech looks fantastic. Hendriks finally looked like what we're paying for. Foster and Marshall looked like the 2020 pitchers. Minnesota is blowing games also. We are 1.5 games out, not 15 games out. TLR is making logical moves, although i did not like the Crotchet move tonight. Bummer needs to step up and be the 2019 Bummer. If Rodon and Cease can continue keeping us in games. we'll be fine. Vaughn HAS TO THROWN OUT IN LEFT AND LET HIM LEARN TO HIT BIG LEAGUE PITCHING. Is anyone here old enough to remember Robin Ventura's 1st month. He sucked also!! Ryan Sandberg sucked his 1st month. Vaughn and Mercedes have to play everyday. We can carry Vaughn's batting average especially after Anderson returns. I was not a fan of bringing back Eaton. Where we we be without him right now!! 

If we are 10 games out at the Allstar Break, then we worry. 

RELAX AND ENJOY FOR NOW THAT WE CAN PLAY 162 GAMES!!! 

4 hours ago, gusguyman said:

What... what does this even mean? How many teens are going to power rangers movies? Are they throwing tantrums there? Why!? When was the last time a power rangers movie was even in theaters!?! I have so many questions.

Im not sure if it was the last movie, but I remember going to the theaters on my 7th birthday in 1995 to watch the power rangers. The teens were absolutely ruthless. They were wishing for the death of the 85 year old producer, questioning every decision the director made even it was objectively the right call, and were threatening to walk out of the theater after the first five minutes even though everyone knew that they werent going anywhere. 

Now that I say that out loud...

• Like 1

• Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic