Sox vs Indians - Tuesday, April 13th, 710pm

smalls2598

1 minute ago, Slewpy said:

Thank you   The Sox will be fine   Hopefully Larussa uses todays experiment to take away any future starts by Williams though.  Late game defensive spot from here on out and I'm a happy man.

Yes he will definitely learn from this experience!....

1 minute ago, Green Line said:

No.

The team is a disaster and the season is on the line in the next 2 games.

Lol, the season is 100% without a doubt not on the line the next 2 games. What a hot dog take. 

That said, the sooner they figure This shit out the better. 

1 minute ago, DoUEvenShift said:

Today is April 13th 2021 and the Sox are 5-6 in a 162 game season. We have played 6% of the  games this year (less than 1% for you meatheads who seem to lose 5 years off your life in each game thread).

I will continue to post this. How so many of you can be so angry, and mad not only day by day but pitch-by-pitch baffles me. As many have said the baseball season is the longest grind in professional sports. Tony has made GOOD gut calls, and bad.  Our defense has started to look better last few nights. our pitching --- OUTSTANDING recently.

Simmer down. Weed is legal now in Illinois. I implore some of you guys to try it. 

The posters here are smart but lacking in emotional maturity. They behave like teenage boys at a Power Rangers movie. 

Just now, Green Line said:

No.

The team is a disaster and the season is on the line in the next 2 games.

LOL...I took a lot of crap for criticizing the Moncada extension last night, but he absolutely has to be 2019 Moncada and not 2017-2018/2020/2021.

My main hope or encouragement is Byron Buxton after all these years finally becoming the MVP-caliber player he was predicted to evolve into...but White Sox fans certainly don't want to wait another 2-3 years for that to happen.

6 minutes ago, DoUEvenShift said:

Today is April 13th 2021 and the Sox are 5-6 in a 162 game season. We have played 6% of the  games this year (less than 1% for you meatheads who seem to lose 5 years off your life in each game thread).

I will continue to post this. How so many of you can be so angry, and mad not only day by day but pitch-by-pitch baffles me. As many have said the baseball season is the longest grind in professional sports. Tony has made GOOD gut calls, and bad.  Our defense has started to look better last few nights. our pitching --- OUTSTANDING recently.

Simmer down. Weed is legal now in Illinois. I implore some of you guys to try it. 

OK i forgot, the games in April don't count. Its still Spring training! Put down the soy milk and go back to math class.

• Haha 2

Just now, ptatc said:

No depth? How many teams go 7 deep on outfielders ready to play extensive innings? That's just not realistic. 

How many teams have outfielders as injury prone as Eloy, Eaton, and Hamilton? Heck Engel also hit the IL in 2020 and Robert was hurt for a month+ in 2018.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, southsideirish71 said:

Once again this looks like the same team that was bad against above 500 teams and feasted on some bottom dwellers.  This does not look like a world series contender.  

And sucks against RHP.  I think it’s fairly obvious that if Robert and Moncada are both mediocre hitters, this team is doomed.  

1 minute ago, pcq said:

The posters here are smart but lacking in emotional maturity. They behave like teenage boys at a Power Rangers movie. 

Or they are burned out that after a 5 year rebuild their "competitive" team can't even make routine plays or field a lineup that is objectively better than said rebuilding teams.

• Like 3

Just now, fathom said:

And sucks against RHP.  I think it’s fairly obvious that if Robert and Moncada are both mediocre hitters, this team is doomed.  

2019 looks to be a fart in the wind for Moncada.  Covid was the excuse last year. But he has a shitload of bad at-bats surrounded by one good season.  

9 minutes ago, DoUEvenShift said:

Today is April 13th 2021 and the Sox are 5-6 in a 162 game season. We have played 6% of the  games this year.

I do agree to a certain extent. We need to chill a little bit. Lot of baseball left and only one day longer without Tim.

Robert and Moncada need to turn it around, That is my biggest concern right now.

12 minutes ago, DoUEvenShift said:

Today is April 13th 2021 and the Sox are 5-6 in a 162 game season. We have played 6% of the  games this year.

What do you think of the front office’s moves and the depth on the team?

3 minutes ago, southsideirish71 said:

2019 looks to be a fart in the wind for Moncada.  Covid was the excuse last year. But he has a shitload of bad at-bats surrounded by one good season.  

It's a legit excuse. Moncada had elite exit velocity in 2018 and 2019 and he doesn't anymore. That could be covid related. It could have taken some of the bat speed away that he'll never get back. Moncada in 2018 had a max EV over 113 mph even while sucking that year, and in 2019 it was over 115 mph. 

He hasn't hit a ball over 110 mph since. It's hard to say he's back until he starts hitting 113+ mph off the bat again. If he doesn't it's fair to say that covid altered his career trajectory because you just don't lose the ability to pulverize baseballs like that in your mid-20s. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

1 minute ago, reiks12 said:

OK i forgot, the games in April don't count. Its still Spring training! Put down the soy milk and go back to math class.

I'm on Keto. Love me some meat no Soy milk here anytime soon..

I fucked up on the % of season so far, my mistake and I fucked that up. Too many IPA's i guess. 

I still do think this team will be 1st in the central by Mid May/early June and get better as the season goes on. Call me a Homer fine. That's what I am.

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

It's a legit excuse. Moncada had elite exit velocity in 2018 and 2019 and he doesn't anymore. That could be covid related. It could have taken some of the bat speed away that he'll never get back. Moncada in 2018 had a max EV over 113 mph even while sucking that year, and in 2019 it was over 115 mph. 

He hasn't hit a ball over 110 mph since. 

And yet somehow Freddie Freeman who had a horrible case of Covid managed to be MVP

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

He hasn't hit a ball over 110 mph since. 

I promise you that COVID did not permanently take Moncada's bat speed.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, DoUEvenShift said:

Lighten up, Francis. “Fan” is short for “fanatic,” and we are on an internet message board for the most ardent White Sox fans. The baseball decisions have been atrocious, and we fans have a right to be angry. Live with it. 

I’m angry too, and I have every reason to believe this season is long, and that talent will rise to the top. This team could still win 90 games despite his managing errors. However, the in game decisions TLR has made show a sincere lack of current baseball acumen, a desperate lack of awareness of his current players and the matchups, and a lack of knowledge of how the game has changed. It’s brutal, and in the postseason, where margins are razor thin, any AL manager will make TLR2021 look like Jerry Manuel getting lapped by Sweet Lou back in 2000. 

There’s no rhythm to this team right now, and baseball is a game where good teams thrive on rhythm and knowing their roles. Nobody has any fucking idea what their roles are. Nobody has any idea when to expect to be in the lineup or where they will hit. Nobody really knows what the sequence of the bullpen is. It’s worrisome as hell. 

We are one of 30 teams at the very top of this sport in the world. We deserve better than this dogshit. Period. 

Edited by Greg Hibbard
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

It’s sad I miss Mazara now (already has more homers than last year)

You already said u wouldn't have minded the Sox resigning him didn't you? You say it you probably get a pass. i say hit and I'm arguing with people all day. You don't bother with doing that. So that makes you smarter than me.

2 minutes ago, DoUEvenShift said:

I'm on Keto. Love me some meat no Soy milk here anytime soon..

I fucked up on the % of season so far, my mistake and I fucked that up. Too many IPA's i guess. 

I still do think this team will be 1st in the central by Mid May/early June and get better as the season goes on. Call me a Homer fine. That's what I am.

You're on keto but hammering IPA's? haha

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

He hasn't hit a ball over 110 mph since. It's hard to say he's back until he starts hitting 113+ mph off the bat again. If he doesn't it's fair to say that covid altered his career trajectory because you just don't lose the ability to pulverize baseballs like that in your mid-20s. 

Covid is making him pull off the ball, not recognize spin and struggle to get extension?

• Like 1

• Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic