And that's a White Sox Loser!

Southwest Sider

That lineup was designed to lose against one of our biggest rivals. How in the actual bloody fucking hell can you justify to the paying fans a lineup that does NOT include Yermin Mercedes? How can you justify it to Giolito? The fans obviously enjoy Mercedes, yet people showed up today and were treated to Nick Williams and Jake Lamb. What? Why would I even watch that crap, let alone pay money for a ticket and parking and spend my entire night watching that crap... in the 10th inning as well. 

The White Sox are quickly becoming something I care less about watching, and it didn't take very long. Good thing because I have other things I am happy to spend most of my evenings on.

Also, I probably won't ever shutup about this but... thank you Eloy Jimenez for being a dumb fucking ass and taking yourself out of this lineup for the entire year. I know people want to blame management for believing he is a LF, but the guy should know that he should not be trying to rob HRs in Spring Training, or probably ever. Catch the balls and make the plays you can. But nooooooo, he's going to prove that he can be a great defensive player! And whoops, now he's injured for the year and his teammates act like he fucking died. You know why they act that way Eloy? Because they NEED YOUR BAT AND YOU SOLD ON YOUR TEAM.

I believe Yoan will figure it out. Heck, I even believe Madrigal will eventually figure it out. But Mendick should, without a doubt, be getting the majority of time at 2B until Madrigal can string together some at bats that don't include weak groundouts. Make the kid work for it, because right now he is getting it easier than Vaughn (why?) and he is playing substantially worse. 

Where's the Tylenol?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 5

5 minutes ago, South Sider said:

That lineup was designed to lose against one of our biggest rivals. How in the actual bloody fucking hell can you justify to the paying fans a lineup that does NOT include Yermin Mercedes? How can you justify it to Giolito? The fans obviously enjoy Mercedes, yet people showed up today and were treated to Nick Williams and Jake Lamb. What? Why would I even watch that crap, let alone pay money for a ticket and parking and spend my entire night watching that crap... in the 10th inning as well. 

The White Sox are quickly becoming something I care less about watching, and it didn't take very long. Good thing because I have other things I am happy to spend most of my evenings on.

Also, I probably won't ever shutup about this but... thank you Eloy Jimenez for being a dumb fucking ass and taking yourself out of this lineup for the entire year. I know people want to blame management for believing he is a LF, but the guy should know that he should not be trying to rob HRs in Spring Training, or probably ever. Catch the balls and make the plays you can. But nooooooo, he's going to prove that he can be a great defensive player! And whoops, now he's injured for the year and his teammates act like he fucking died. You know why they act that way Eloy? Because they NEED YOUR BAT AND YOU SOLD ON YOUR TEAM.

I believe Yoan will figure it out. Heck, I even believe Madrigal will eventually figure it out. But Mendick should, without a doubt, be getting the majority of time at 2B until Madrigal can string together some at bats that don't include weak groundouts. Make the kid work for it, because right now he is getting it easier than Vaughn (why?) and he is playing substantially worse. 

Where's the Tylenol?

Tylenol? Pass the straight Jager shots.

3 minutes ago, ShoeLessRob said:

I’ll have whatever Tony’s drinking. 

Yes, please. 

I'm usually the optimist player. You know? Early in the season, TA will be back soon, our bullpen kicks ass, yada yada.... but AS A FAN... if I showed up to the park today and saw that lineup, I'd be sickened. Like why am I even here? This is how you back up your #1 SP? Where the hell is Yermin? 

I believed JR when he told RH to tell us that TLR would be the manager this team needed, but this has clearly not been the case so far if that's the lineup you're putting out against one of our TOP rivals, especially after they only won on sheer luck last night. 

It's fucking embarrassing, it gives the stupid Indians momentum, and I'd honestly not be surprised at all of they win the other 2 games in this series. 

In the end, this team will probably still be competitive for a playoff spot, but it's also looking like more of a "fall short at the end after 'competing' all year team" than one that actually competes and makes our divisional opponents feel serious pain. 

• Haha 1

Atleast our players are likable and not a Jack waggon like Wilson Contreres.

But back to us. All mlb teams will struggle on offense in the 162. I still like this club if Tim Anderson can get back to hitting  .310+ and yoan can hit at all. And if Tony can stay awake I still think we are in the driver's seat.

It's a shame that the performances of Giolito, Marshall, and Hendriks were wasted.  The first 7-8 innings were exactly as scripted.  Giolito and Bieber were essentially unhittable, and it was a spectacular game for pitching.  Marshall came in and again pitched his ass off and saved the day.  Hendriks looked sharp.

There was absolutely no reason at all for Williams and Lamb to be anywhere but the bench in the 10th inning.  That's the most frustrating part.

9 minutes ago, hogan873 said:

It's a shame that the performances of Giolito, Marshall, and Hendriks were wasted.  The first 7-8 innings were exactly as scripted.  Giolito and Bieber were essentially unhittable, and it was a spectacular game for pitching.  Marshall came in and again pitched his ass off and saved the day.  Hendriks looked sharp.

There was absolutely no reason at all for Williams and Lamb to be anywhere but the bench in the 10th inning.  That's the most frustrating part.

Lamb shouldn't have been in the lineup to begin with. You don't pluck a guy who's been on the bench for a week and throw him in the lineup against the best pitcher in the league.

I also thought Hendriks should have pitched the 10th.

Finally, Mondaca has to get moved out of the 4th spot. He's awful there and it's dragging Abreu down with him.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, South Sider said:

Yes, please. 

I'm usually the optimist player. You know? Early in the season, TA will be back soon, our bullpen kicks ass, yada yada.... but AS A FAN... if I showed up to the park today and saw that lineup, I'd be sickened. Like why am I even here? This is how you back up your #1 SP? Where the hell is Yermin? 

I believed JR when he told RH to tell us that TLR would be the manager this team needed, but this has clearly not been the case so far if that's the lineup you're putting out against one of our TOP rivals, especially after they only won on sheer luck last night. 

It's fucking embarrassing, it gives the stupid Indians momentum, and I'd honestly not be surprised at all of they win the other 2 games in this series. 

In the end, this team will probably still be competitive for a playoff spot, but it's also looking like more of a "fall short at the end after 'competing' all year team" than one that actually competes and makes our divisional opponents feel serious pain. 

I....agree one hundred percent. I'm usually one of the optimistic ones as well. Yesterday's lineup was pathetic and inexcusable. And it needs to stop. Fans are paying a lot more money nowadays to be in those seats...they're going to be more and more empty if shit like that keeps being pulled.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Lamb just missed a 2 run homer to tie the game.

He put a nice swing on that pitch. If it was a little warmer outside, that ball would have carried out.

This is a guy who hit 30 HR a few years back and still has plenty of power, particularly against RH pitchers.

The guy that should not be on the roster is Williams, but he should be gone, I hope, when Engel returns.

Engel should be in LF every game. That said, I am not sure how they get Vaughn at bats when Engel comes back.

Maybe cut the juvenile swipes at Tony LaRussa at some point?  Grow up folks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KrankinSox said:

It's actually laughable how dramatic this board is.  Just insane the amount of overreactions on a game-by-game basis.  Patience, my friends.

To be fair, we are used to heartbreak, disappointments and mirages. It's kinda just natural, lol.

Edited by RagahRagah

1 hour ago, tray said:

Lamb just missed a 2 run homer to tie the game.

He put a nice swing on that pitch. If it was a little warmer outside, that ball would have carried out.

This is a guy who hit 30 HR a few years back and still has plenty of power, particularly against RH pitchers.

The guy that should not be on the roster is Williams, but he should be gone, I hope, when Engel returns.

Engel should be in LF every game. That said, I am not sure how they get Vaughn at bats when Engel comes back.

Maybe cut the juvenile swipes at Tony LaRussa at some point?  Grow up folks.

I did get a good laugh or two out of Williams trying to swing at high heat.  My swipes are Tony are not juvenile.  They are wise and mature. 😁

3 minutes ago, Stinky Stanky said:

I did get a good laugh or two out of Williams trying to swing at high heat.  My swipes are Tony are not juvenile.  They are wise and mature. 😁

Agreed with a lot of those points. Vaughn will lose out when Engel returns.  Playing nick Williams was a mistake but lamb almost won us the game I’d be more upset our stars are having a cold start

2 hours ago, KrankinSox said:

It's actually laughable how dramatic this board is.  Just insane the amount of overreactions on a game-by-game basis.  Patience, my friends.

No amount of patience is going to explain Nick Williams batting fifth

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

I was curious, because of how sluggish the offense looks, so I wanted to consult something besides my eyes and went to Fangraphs. By fWAR the Sox are 8th in offense/defense and 2nd in pitching. They have a positive run differential. There are a number of notably underachieving players with track records. I think they will be fine, but the early slow starts, like last year, are just super painful to watch. It doesn't help when Nick Williams is batting 5th.

14 hours ago, manbearpuig said:

I'm glad I did not waste time watching this one. A predictable loss for sure.

The game was very boring. I don't know if it's permanent, but I also find myself not getting upset at this team anymore. Sox are supposed to be great, fine, let's see if it comes to fruition or not. As a viewer I also had no interest in watching Lamb and Nick Williams, though. Yes the loss of TA and Engel hurt. I think the lineup will heat up when TA comes back. The loss of Eloy is so bad. I'd have loved to see this lineup with Eloy and TA all season.

I HATED the lineup, and have some worries about that bad habit persisting, but come on -- did you not have the Cy Bieber game circled as an L on your mental calendar? Frustrating but not the end of the world.  If Gio keeps pitching like that we win roughly every game not pitched by the Cy Young winner. Nick Williams will be gone soon. Turn the page and try to go for at least a series split while we wait for TA to come back.