And that's a White Sox Loser!

Southwest Sider

I hate to break it to everyone, but a lot of the younger players on this team do not have a track record of success. 

Moncada only did it for one season, TA only did it for 200 games, Robert was only good for a month.......it is possible that those were just hot streaks. 

Also, both Abreu and Keuchel were declining before their 2020 60 game resurgences. Liam Hendriks is a 32 year old relief pitcher with a short track record of success. 

What if the 2019-20 positive developments were fool's gold? 

So far it seems the only positive development from those years that has stuck is Giolito, and his fastball is down 0.6 mph on average from last year, so he could end up getting hit in the summer months. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

I HATED the lineup, and have some worries about that bad habit persisting, but come on -- did you not have the Cy Bieber game circled as an L on your mental calendar? Frustrating but not the end of the world.  If Gio keeps pitching like that we win roughly every game not pitched by the Cy Young winner. Nick Williams will be gone soon. Turn the page and try to go for at least a series split while we wait for TA to come back.

Against Luca$? No. That was a 50/50 game. Ace on Ace, and they both pitched like it. 

11 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I hate to break it to everyone, but a lot of the younger players on this team do not have a track record of success. 

Moncada only did it for one season, TA only did it for 200 games, Robert was only good for a month.......it is possible that those were just hot streaks. 

Also, both Abreu and Keuchel were declining before their 2020 60 game resurgences. Liam Hendriks is a 32 year old relief pitcher with a short track record of success. 

What if the 2019-20 positive developments were fool's gold? 

So far it seems the only positive development from those years that has stuck is Giolito, and his fastball is down 0.6 mph on average from last year, so he could end up getting hit in the summer months. 

I actually don't see any reason to believe the White Sox will even exist next year. I think they're all as likely to die as not. I'm going to hold my breath now.

7 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Against Luca$? No. That was a 50/50 game. Ace on Ace, and they both pitched like it. 

Bieber pitched better, and is better right now as much as I love Giolito. Either way, I just can't get that worked up about losing a close game to the best pitcher in baseball, especially with a split squad lineup on the field. I went into this series hoping for a win in at least two of the other three games. That would be a decent outcome while we wait for TA and Engel to return.

Just now, 35thstreetswarm said:

Bieber pitched better, and is better right now as much as I love Giolito. Either way, I just can't get that worked up about losing a close game to the best pitcher in baseball, especially with a split squad lineup on the field. I went into this series hoping for a win in at least two of the other three games. That would be a decent outcome while we wait for TA and Engel to return.

JMO - Bieber looked better not because he was better but because the White Sox hitters didn't make him work as hard for the same outs. 8 pitch 8th inning, 7 pitch 2nd inning, 10 pitch 3rd (including a pickoff), in both cases keyed by the horrible bottom of the White Sox's order. Madrigal saw 5 pitches from Bieber. Neither one of them was giving up a thing, but one team got the starter to 100 pitches faster.