Trade Targets

Chicago White Sox

1 minute ago, MiddleCoastBias said:

I feel like the "let Vaughn play and trade for Peralta" can both happen. No one is making real trades 11 games into the season, so we're likely best to try Vaughn in left to see what we have *until* we can find another team that has decided that want to start making trades. I just don't think that will happen in April.

Completely agreed.  I also think, realistically, Yermin isn't going to be our fulltime DH for the entire season.  So Vaughn can shift back to DH some at some point, and a Peralta/Engel platoon would be very solid.  

Peralta is a lifetime .304/.357/.507 hitter against RHP.  Dude rakes righties.  We could really use him, honestly.  

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

That's everybody's pitching line against the Cubs. They can't hit anything right now.

Burnes has 30Ks and 0 walks to start the year. That's nobody's pitching line...ever, regardless of who's hitting.

36 minutes ago, Flash said:

Burnes has 30Ks and 0 walks to start the year. That's nobody's pitching line...ever, regardless of who's hitting.

Musgrove is right there statistically, but relying more on sliders than dominating pure stuff in the way that Burnes does.

The amazing number there is the walk count for a pitcher who flashes all those devastating wipeout pitches.

I've got some buddies in Milwaukee who are hard core baseball fans, one of whom pitched a bit in the Twins system. They told me the Brewers had a pitcher with the best stuff they had seen in years. I told them I was familiar with Brandon Woodruff and I agreed he had great stuff. They said it wasn't Woodruff but rather some guy named Corbin Burnes. Not familiar with Burnes I made it a point to follow him starting in 2020. He might fizzle out but, for now, I agree with my buddies.

• Haha 1