Corbin Burnes

Perfect Vision

5 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

The rumors was:

Burnes and Narvaez

for

Madrigal, Stiever, Collins and Thompson.

I assume we balked at subbing in Kelley.

I absolutely doubt that rumor.

Asking price was probably Kopech or Vaughn as the centerpiece plus Madrigal and Heuer, or it was Crochet as the centerpiece with probably something like Madrigal, Heuer and Kelly behind it.

That above deal even the dipshit Sox have to do all day.  They're getting the highest ceiling in the deal and a guy who can step into the rotation immediately.

If they balked at adding any player, they balked at adding Kopech, Crochet, or Vaughn.

33 minutes ago, bmags said:

That package was from an even more unreliable place than the foodies, and if you care what they had to say, it was not Kelley that was the part that broke down it was over Vaughn 

Yep, I thought they said we finally agreed to put Kelley in and then MIL at the last second tried to insist on Vaughn or Kopech and then we said no.

2 hours ago, YourWhatHurts said:

I absolutely doubt that rumor.

Asking price was probably Kopech or Vaughn as the centerpiece plus Madrigal and Heuer, or it was Crochet as the centerpiece with probably something like Madrigal, Heuer and Kelly behind it.

That above deal even the dipshit Sox have to do all day.  They're getting the highest ceiling in the deal and a guy who can step into the rotation immediately.

If they balked at adding any player, they balked at adding Kopech, Crochet, or Vaughn.

Vaughn was the late ask.

4 hours ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

My educated guess would have been: Madrigal, Kelley, Collins and Stiever/Thompson

It would have had to have been way more than that.  There was literally no reason for the Brewers to trade him unless they were absolutely blown away.  He is young, under control and was a top Cy Young finisher.  Why would any team, much less a small market cost conscious team trade a player like that?  I have a hard time believing that he or Woodruff were ever really available.  I don't doubt the Sox asked, but I don't think there was ever a legitimate chance the Brewers were going to trade either.

23 hours ago, GreenSox said:

The marginal from adding another good starter is probably less than the marginal benefit from adding even an average left-fielder, who would come at a much lower price.  It's simply not an area of need.

A guy like Burnes is always within an area of need

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

At it again, this time @ SD.

Padres will only be 1 game over .500, and 4 1/2 GB of LAD.

That said, many teams would have a tough time facing Woodruff and Burnes back to back.

That NL Central will be a helluva dogfight.

Thanks 4 the update. Keep us posted, thx

• Haha 2