CLE @ SOX, 7:10 PM Central

BigHurt3515

6 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

100% truth. 

Like really.....Moncada has been one of my favorite prospects/players since he got acquired by the Sox. I'm not going to lie and tell people he's been good this year, in fact, he's been bad. Pointing out that fact doesn't mean I don't want him to succeed. 

There are a lot of fans that are constantly pessimistic about the Sox because the Sox FO has done nothing to convince anyone that they know the difference between their ass and a hole in the ground. 

They can start by putting together a team that reaches the postseason in consecutive 162 game seasons for the first time in franchise history. That would go a long way. 

We're all here because we want the Sox to win. Unfortunately, none of us are billionaires or relatives of Jerry Reinsdorf. Bitching about the team is our way of coping with the fact that we have no control over the product on the field. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 2

9 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

The Sox have earned the skepticism from their fanbase. 

Trust in the front office and scouting is earned. They have not earned our trust. 

Blind optimism is just as annoying, if not more so, as eternal pessimism. 

Yeah the wet blankets on here are getting annoying with their rah-rah bs telling people how to act. 

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

7 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Rodon either had a really hot gun last time out, it's super cold or he's just doing the usual "taking it easy the first 2-3 innings" thing.

Given his velocity was way up in ST, I'm more inclined to think it wasn't just a hot gun in Seattle. IIRC, that game also had Kopech come in afterwards and his velo was lower than we were expecting.