Cease to IL/Burdi Recalled - COVID symptoms but no positive test

Big Hurtin

• Kalapse changed the title to Cease to IL w/ Covid Symptoms - Has Not Tested Positive
6 minutes ago, KrankinSox said:

Anyone know how the Covid IL works? How long will he have to be away from the team?

If he does test positive at any point, it would become a required 10 day minimum, with the possibility of losing other people due to contact tracing if they weren't careful.

There is no minimum time for him, for him to come back he will need to be symptom free and test negative twice with 24 hours or more between tests. So, if he tests negative twice starting tomorrow and symptoms were gone, he could still start on Friday.

https://www.thecubreporter.com/book/export/html/3538

• Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

If he does test positive at any point, it would become a required 10 day minimum, with the possibility of losing other people due to contact tracing if they weren't careful.

There is no minimum time for him, for him to come back he will need to be symptom free and test negative twice with 24 hours or more between tests. So, if he tests negative twice starting tomorrow and symptoms were gone, he could still start on Friday.

https://www.thecubreporter.com/book/export/html/3538

Maybe we will lose enough for Vaughn to finally see consistent ABs.

In all seriousness, hope everyone is ok.

Edited by manbearpuig

1 minute ago, YourWhatHurts said:

If Cease misses a start, I hope it goes to Lambert.  It's a faint hope but I'm still holding onto it.  Might as well call up an actual MLB pitcher this time and a guy who actually can stick instead of Fire Marshall Bill / some other gas can.

Hopefully he won't be skipped (he's line up for Friday I think?). Maybe they would do a bullpen day and have Kopech go the first 3 or something. 

Several players on the Cubs (and their families) have refused to get vaccinations.

I am not sure about the White Sox. 

I don't understand how anyone is allowed to play major league baseball or be in contact with the players if they are not fully vaccinated.

3 hours ago, tray said:

Several players on the Cubs (and their families) have refused to get vaccinations.

I don't understand how anyone is allowed to play major league baseball or be in contact with the players if they are not fully vaccinated.

I agree with this. If you don't want to get vaccinated that is your business. But don't screw your team over or the game over. 

4 hours ago, tray said:

What got reported was over 90% of the Sox traveling party got vaccinated on the off day Friday. No report of whether the rest refused or just weren't available. If Cease started exhibiting symptoms in the past couple days then he was almost certainly infected before Friday so the choice of whether or not to get vaccinated didn't impact that.

8 hours ago, tray said:

Hahn said 90%+ of traveling party were vaccinated successfully.