Madrigal.

Greydawgfan1

19 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

I don’t think that scenario is very plausible. With 55 hits, I don’t think there’s any way that only 5 are of the extra base variety. 

In his first 55 ML hits, only 8 were for extra bases. If I change it to 8 extra base hits, with the exact XBH distribution he had over his first stretch (6 2B, 2 3B), he would end up in the scenario with .290/.322/.387/.709 through 400 ABs. 

Edited by Greg Hibbard

Just now, Focurjay said:

In his lasts 35 ML hits, 9 of them were for extra bases.

Yes. I’m hoping the trend continues. 

I suppose the point that I’m making is that his ability to hit triples and homers as frequently as he recently has been has been the only factor that takes him from borderline replacement to 3.0 WAR player. 

8 hours ago, reiks12 said:

I knew Durham was good but damn he had a 900 OPS in 2006 for the Giants. WTF

Madrigal has a career BA of .318 and OBP.358 and OPS .763  Compared to Durham stats of .277 BA and OBP.352 and OPS .788

Durham had a 13-year career WAR of 33.8 according to Baseball Reference and I would think Madrigal will surpass that career WAR rather easily if he too has a 13-year career.

Both very good players but my money would be on Madrigal to have a better career when all is said and done.  Nicky is still getting his feel for the ML game.

15 hours ago, Greg Hibbard said:

Yes. I’m hoping the trend continues. 

I suppose the point that I’m making is that his ability to hit triples and homers as frequently as he recently has been has been the only factor that takes him from borderline replacement to 3.0 WAR player. 

It should continue, hes selling out some contact for power right now.