Ballpark Experience at G-Rate Field so far in 2021

ScootsMcGoots

I hate and will forever hate calling it Guaranteed Rate Field lol.

For those who have gone to games, what has your ballpark experience been like so far? How is it different compared to the normal years?

I've heard rumors of people being forced into the upper deck when they paid for lower deck seats, has that been happening?

How has the parking been? The social distancing and mask wearing? The enforcement of social distancing and mask wearing? The concessions and bathrooms? Something about new strobe lights and no fireworks I've heard? No promotions?

Anything else worth noting?

14 minutes ago, Pal said:

Not very different. They try to keep you contained to certain sections. Concessions same. Parking same. Bathroom same. They dont bust your balls about the mask.

You can stay safe by wearing depends and avoid the powder room crowd. 

22 minutes ago, DoUEvenShift said:

I haven't gone yet this year but I highly recommend sitting in the 300 level if you haven't before. Much lower foot traffic, smaller sections, and you can go inside for a bit to warm up while it's still cold. 

Good to know!

2 hours ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

It’s actually nice to be on a little island with your own group in the seats and not tripping over other people.  Feels pretty normal once you settle in. Surprised at how loud the limited capacity crowd gets.  Kind of love it, really.

Agreed. And while I was disappointed by the lack of mask enforcement during the KC series, it was much better tonight. I've never been within 6 feet of someone for more than ~30 seconds, and even then we were masked and (obviously) outdoors. Overall I'd say it's pretty nice and definitely worth it if you're on the fence

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

Been to 3 games.  It's live baseball, there is zero to complain about at this point for me. 

I guess the one thing that I have heard that I don't really care for is the moving of fans from the lower deck to upper deck. I purchased lower deck seats on Seat Geek, some really good seats, and I don't want to be pushed to the upper deck. And I guess I understand why they might have to do that, but still. Everything else I'm fine with. 

• Thanks 1

• ScootsMcGoots changed the title to Ballpark Experience at G-Rate Field so far in 2021
23 minutes ago, ScooterMcGee said:

I guess the one thing that I have heard that I don't really care for is the moving of fans from the lower deck to upper deck. I purchased lower deck seats on Seat Geek, some really good seats, and I don't want to be pushed to the upper deck. And I guess I understand why they might have to do that, but still. Everything else I'm fine with. 

I don't think you will get moved if you purchase a ticket. I believe once they approved 20%  some people with 100 level season tickets/ticket packages were asked to move to different locations (including 500 level) to accommodate the limited capacity. Maybe someone can correct me if I'm wrong.