Ballpark Experience at G-Rate Field so far in 2021

ScootsMcGoots

Just now, South Sider said:

But nobody outside grilling and playing games, I assume. 

Nope.  I think a few people who went with groups figured they'd crush a few beers in their car right before the game and that seemed to be fine.  And it wasn't like there was a roving squad making people speed toward the entrances, either; we lingered outside for a few minutes and it was not a problem. I'm sure if you whipped out the bags or grill they would eventually find you and shut it down, though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

Nope.  I think a few people who went with groups figured they'd crush a few beers in their car right before the game and that seemed to be fine.  And it wasn't like there was a roving squad making people speed toward the entrances, either; we lingered outside for a few minutes and it was not a problem. I'm sure if you whipped out the bags or grill they would eventually find you and shut it down, though.

Thanks for the info!

I went to Tuesday night's game by myself and they sold the seat right next to me to a total stranger.
That was the last thing I expected after the big to-do and the self-backpatting they've done about their social distancing, sectioning off the crowd, and zip-tying of seats.
I won't be going back unless I go with others, I don't want to be made uncomfortable like that again.

• Thanks 2

I don't like these digital tickets. I've collected every ticket I've had for the last 50 years. I have the collecting gene. I was at every home game so far. I've been a season ticket holder for years. I've even paid extra money for the hard tickets the last few years. I would have liked the tickets for all of the games i attended this past week. In particular the ticket to Rodons no hitter.

• Love 2

1 hour ago, The Critic said:

I went to Tuesday night's game by myself and they sold the seat right next to me to a total stranger.
That was the last thing I expected after the big to-do and the self-backpatting they've done about their social distancing, sectioning off the crowd, and zip-tying of seats.
I won't be going back unless I go with others, I don't want to be made uncomfortable like that again.

Was there any more room in the row? You or the guy shoulda moved maybe. I couldn't sit next to a stranger like that in the age of COVID and it's just kinda creepy.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WBWSF said:

I don't like these digital tickets. I've collected every ticket I've had for the last 50 years. I have the collecting gene. I was at every home game so far. I've been a season ticket holder for years. I've even paid extra money for the hard tickets the last few years. I would have liked the tickets for all of the games i attended this past week. In particular the ticket to Rodons no hitter.

That has nothing to do with COVID that was the plan for last year. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, The Critic said:

Did both of you buy the ticket directly from the Sox/TM?  If so, something is totally wrong with this.  If you bought through a third party I could see how this could happen.  But whoever sold to the third party or the third party itself is completely ignoring the Sox rules on ticket transfers.

Edited by ThirdGen

47 minutes ago, JoeyCoralFanClub said:

Does anyone know if the kids deck "fundamentals" area is open during games? Thinking about taking my little dude to a game for his birthday this Saturday. Probably won't do it if the kids area is roped off though. 

It was closed the last game I went to (Tues Cleveland).

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/16/2021 at 3:04 PM, The Critic said:

That's crazy. I'd be upset. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/16/2021 at 3:04 PM, The Critic said:

HOLY OLD NAME ALERT HOW THE HELL ARE YA

Went to my 1st game this year so just a few observations/comments:

-Getting into parking lots is a bit more efficient/quicker without cash. Seemed most cars had the parking ticket loaded on phone and the line moved fast.

-There was no blatant tailgating but i saw a few groups of people drinking beers outside their car without anyone telling them to stop. (My dad and I had one before walking in)

-Most people are not wearing masks anywhere including line to get inside, concourse areas for food/drink and the seats. Did not see any employees/fans complaining about this.

-The levels are still segregated and you have to show 100 level tickets to get on that level. That said, once you get there you are free to walk around the entire concourse and ushers do not check your tickets entering a specific section which I have seen them do pre-covid.

-There are ZERO VENDORS who walk the aisles so if you want food or a beverage you need to walk up and get it.

-Sox fans seem to be getting better with the "restroom" situation and were forming individual lines behind each urinal rather than one giant line outside.

-Food/beverage station lines were generally long. I reccomend walking a few sections to find a shorter line. Alternatively, if you are sitting 3rd base side or outfield you can walk up the steps to the craft beer room and each time I went there was no wait. Downside to this is if you want to take your drink to go you have to walk down the ramp back down as if you are leaving and show your ticket again to get back in.

-Our cup snakes put the Cubbies to shame. I swear I saw one tonight that was 30 rows long in the left center bleachers.

-Cardinal fans are really cool and we had some good banter/ fun times. They obviously travel well being close. They joined in in the "Fuck The Cubs" chant choir.

Edited by DoUEvenShift
  • Thanks 1