Ballpark Experience at G-Rate Field so far in 2021

ScootsMcGoots

1 hour ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

I can confirm that it is NOT open.  Tried to go today.  They said mid-June.

Thank you!  Trying to take my son to a game and he thinks he can go on the field and Moncada is going to pitch to him so I at least need a Fundamentals Deck to hold him over in addition to a shitload of ballpark food.

7 hours ago, Sambuca said:

Thank you!  Trying to take my son to a game and he thinks he can go on the field and Moncada is going to pitch to him so I at least need a Fundamentals Deck to hold him over in addition to a shitload of ballpark food.

If it makes you feel better my sons got SIX mlb balls hanging around the two bullpens pregame and talking to the pitchers warming up.  That was worth the price of admission.

16 hours ago, Green Line said:

Thank you good sir.  It was closed last I was there.

Never made it there, sadly, so not sure.  Got waylaid at Revolution brewpub (which is very much open, and the best-kept secret in the park is that you can avoid the looong beer lines in this no-vendor period by taking a few steps up the Revolution stairs to a dead-empty bar).

I went for the first game of the double header on Saturday and sat in the upper deck behind the plate. Selection is limited in the upper deck compared to the lower deck but it has decent food and drink selection. I actually really like not having vendors and having so many busy things up and down the aisles and on the concourse in the stadium, there is less congestion and it makes for a better experience (even though I know for many that means fewer jobs).

I do miss tailgating though, that makes games much more affordable. Parking has seem to have gone up with $25 when I went on Saturday and I remember it being cheaper in the past.

I haven’t been able to find the coupon codes that were available in years past for discounted tickets, enabling me to get $20 seats in the lower deck, but I have had some luck price shopping on StubHub and Ticketmaster. I will need 4 tickets for Friday and am looking for tickets for 6/26 and 7/31 too. Hoping to find a deal for all of them.

• Like 1